Monday, August 17, 2015

Tiring Week

Woooow. I am tired after this week. It was a good challenging week. We moved. Our house is sooooo beautiful. Haha. I hope I don't transfer next week ;)


This week we had some great times. I forgot to tell a story from last week. We have an investigator who is 15. No missionaries had gone to him for a month, but we decided to go on a whim. We taught him a lesson and at the end he said "I have a question! I haven't wanted to listen the whole time!" we laughed and he said, "yesterday at school my teacher said that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father are the same person...I was so confused so I came home lasat night and prayed. I asked to know what was right." we waited for a second and he said "I actually know now that God answered my prayer. I got home from school and saw you sitting here at my house and I knew! I knew what you had taught was right." It was amazing to feel the power of his faith and the trust He had that God had answered. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. :)

We also have started teaching the mother of a member. She's pretty old. She told us the first time "You're so lucky. I never ever let the missionaries teach me." But she's continued to listen. Even though she admitted that sometimes she hides when we go there...We'll soften her up. 

This week I would like to share a quote I liked. I have been reading in the old testament and pondering sacrifice and what Heavenly Father wants us to do now. This is by Bruce R McConkie I think...

The real act of sacrifice is not and never has been placing an animal on the altar. It is a willingness to put the animal in us on the altar and willingly watching it be consumed. That is the sacrifice of a broken heart and contrite spirit. 

That isn't exact but you get the idea. He doesn't want part of us. He wants all of us. and if we give our selves to Him, He will return all we gave and more. 

Thank you all for your support and prayers. 

Another thing I would like to reiterate is studying the recent conference talks. I have been receiving so many answers to prayers from my review! 

Bye! Pictures next week maybe. haha

--
Sister Smith



Letter to Mom:

That is amazing about the adopt a missionary. What a miracle. that will be so awesome for them. I am sorry I don't really know what I want for Christmas. Make sure you identify the boxes as christmas and maybe have a don't give to sister smith till christmas or I will open them kaagad (immediately)!

You could send my kasama a letter or something and she'd love it. 

I like what you said about our study being a gift. It is true. 

Shanna Wheeler sent me a good quote something like at the end of the day to tell your self it's okay you didn't finish everything you needed to day. I will find it and send it to you.

I emailed Toni last week and I told her how much I loved her and looked up to her and stuff. I don't know if I have the right email address but tell her that I tried and that she is one of my biggest role models.

Okay I love you a lot. I'm sorry for this being so short. I have had a hard week. I am learning to be humble and last night after praying for days I was able to talk to my companion and told her what a blessing she was to me and we cried. I am glad I prayed about it because I really wanted to tell her how mean she was being. but I think things should be better now. It's hard to explain, it's just the Filipino personality. 

I had exchanges with this missionary whose mom sends her these huge packages all the time. and she brought me chocolate...lots. she doesn't like it. I'm lucky. :0 

I'm struggling to eat good and exercise. My companion said "I'll do all the cooking! I'm a good cook!" and it's not healthy. I'm going to try to stick it out this transfer and try to add healthier things throughout the day. and be more diligent with exercise. 

I found out leaning on your hand (like your chin) is sometimes really offensive here. awkward.

families pg 3 pmg. good thoughts.

love you!


Letter to Dad:

The weeks fly and they drag. I have been doing everything I can to apply your counsel this week (especially about companions) I am at peace because as long as I'm nice and do my best, that's what God expects. I am praying and trying to show her all the love I can.  
I want to play horseshoes. there's a lot of analogies I'm sure.  
I've been loving studying conference. The ones that stuck out to me this week were Latter Day Saints Keep on Trying. And last week Therefore they hushed their fears. They were really good.  
I'm doing pretty good. My companion is okay, I love her a lot and I have a lot of fun. I won't complain about the hard things. I need you to keep praying :)  
I would love surprises for Christmas. Since last year nothing was a surprise ;) 
Scripture for you. 2 Ne 9:40. I like this.  
Something really bothering me is that all my friends are going home sick. It stresses me out. Sis J has been in the hospital I guess. but I guess I need to keep going and work for all of them that don't have the opportunity. 
Love you. 
You're the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment