Monday, August 24, 2015

Choosing to Take Each Step Closer to Him


Old men cooked for us.

Pretty yard.

Pretty yard.

Weird vegetable we washed our hands with.

Baby bamboo that we ate.

Sunset. 




Helllo everyone. How are you? I am doing pretty good. I love the ups and down. Whether the steps are hard to take or easy, I am choosing to take each step closer to Him. It's the best thing I've done in my life. I would recommend it ;) He is the Way.

Highlights:
I found a handkerchief with tractors on it. I immediately bought it. #remindsmeofutah

One thing I liked was our district meeting. It was based on a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland. When we have uncomfortable or difficult situations in life, we should take it with the attitude of Nephi, Alma, and the Savior. Nevertheless, I will. The Savior didn't let us down, we shouldn't let Him down.

I am blessed with beautiful skies all the time. Thank you Heavenly Father. And when the sky isn't beautiful, it's raining, therefore not too hot. Thanks again Heavenly Father. He loves us!!

We taught some great people this week. I will highlight one. Her name is Ana. She is separated from her spouse and some of her kids. She mentioned her oldest is a girl, 19 years old. the next is a boy, 17. I just thought of my mom and the whole lesson as she told us her story I just thought of how grateful I am for the gospel and at the end I hugged her and tried to say I am 19 too, if you miss your daughter. She is really sweet. She needs faith, but she has a willing heart. 

We also found some families who haven't been to church in years, but I was so happy when I saw them talking about the missionaries that baptized them. They ended up wanting to come back to church. I hope I'm leaving a legacy that someday my investigators will remember the spirit I was able to help them feel. 

Funny quotes: "Abraham is Jesus' father right?"     "Oh we know Jesus and God aren't the same person. It's obvious. Jesus was born in December, and God wasn't born. Right??"

Thank you people who mentioned the conf talk Music and the Gospel. At first I thought, I remember that talk, it's for parents. No, it's for all of us ;) it is so applicable to missionary work. 

Another moment from my studies: Look and Live. I read about Moses and the brass serpent, then the references in the NT and BOM about how Christ is who we need to look for. I then read the talk Choose to Believe.

I love the Savior. Sometimes we don't want to look to Him. Maybe we are angry. Maybe we are ashamed. Maybe we are just afraid. Or maybe we don't actually know He's there. But the way is easy. We just must be willing. He is there. Look up. Look to Him, be willing to believe, and you will be healed. You will live. 

Love you all. Have a great week! 

--
Sister Smith



Letter to Mom: 

Hi mom

I LLLOVEVE You. 

I'm so excited for the packages. I can't waittttt. I want that book so bad ;) My allergy pills made it. We'll see what happens.

Questions.
IS SISTER JENKINS HOME? I heard she was. It added to my hard week. yay. (yes, Aubrey's amazing MTC companion is home recuperating. We are all praying for her to recover quickly and get back out there to Urdaneta!!)

I bought a backpack because my carryon bag broke in the airport and I'm tired of dealing with it. 

I realized I'm addicted to rice. Like when I smell it at people's houses I'm like wow, I'm now rice dependent. I'm craving it.

I got called to be a trainer next transfer. I know I have weaknesses and I'm not perfectly nice, but I am trying to be like the Savior, and that is what matters. I thought I was patient and tolerant and loving before, well now I"m really becoming that. I'm really grateful Heavenly Father trusts me to do that. 

I have an ingrown on the other foot. YAY. :) 

I am also really grateful for prayer and stuff. Part of our callings in the church I am learning is to learn to love everyone, and especially those we serve with.

One thing I have bene pondering still is angels My missoin pres said in our Train the Trainers that angels are there to help us and one thing we need to learn is how to call on them. I thought that was interesting. Then kris christensesn's mom emailed me that angels are there helping me-my great great grandmothers and great great grandaughters. I never really thought about my future children being there, but that is a lovely thought.

well. this is long and stuff.

Okay bye. No time.

LOVE YOU! You're my best friend. (mom tears!!)


Letter to Dad: 


My week was rough but I read the letter you wrote me a long time ago about companions and how you were scared to train and it helped.  
I am glad you saw family. You're lucky. 
I have been loving studying the conference talks again. I've been trying to draw and be creative in my study journal. It's making the ideas stick more in my soul. 
Our baptism is no longer. they aren't ready to sacrifice. But they have a testimony, so someday they will. I know it. 
I am just trying to share the love and joy with them, but not be negative about them. 
I love you. I better get letters soon. Just kidding.  
I'm trying to focus on laughter. It's more fun when you're laughing.
I love youuuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment