Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Hello all

 Hello,
This week was really good. I am learning soooo much and enjoying the Pines. This week was a very crazy busy week, but also very fun. Probably the best thing about my week is that i started training a new missionary. She is from American Samoa and her name is....wait for it...Sister Smith. It is a great joke, and it's true! I knew it would happen though. Haha. I love her so much. She is really training me. I am learning everything from her. This week I also worked with a new missionary named Sis Tanielu. She is from Kuribiti.  She was so adorable, and like my companion, I learned from her. She bore the most simple powerful testimony. I am learning a lot that NOTHING matters more than bringing and sharing the Spirit. 

This week we had a lunch at a member's house and we ate the most giant shrimp. 
We also had exchanges in my last ward and the bishop fed us and his little girl who is 4 would not leave me. she calls me her barbie. I am pretty lucky to be a life size barbie... :)

We had a miracle yesterday! We are teaching some kids whose parents are members, but they are unable to attend church because of money. Well they have been changing. Becoming more willing. I wasn't able to talk to them yesterday to find out how since it was stake conf, but they came to church. I was really excited for them.

I see miracles every day. We met 2 cute old men yesterday who miss their wives and want to know the truth. As we left, we went and talked to another lady. We looked back at them and they had scooted together on the bench and were reading the pamphlet together. As we passed them again they looked at us with big smiles and waves. That's all we have to do. Give a little more joy to those whose heads and hearts hang down. 

I read in the training guidelines to look at every appointment as a sacred privelege and opportunity to learn. I want to do that in my life. God has given us every moment as a privilege to do something. And an opportunity to grow, whether through success or failure. 
yesterday we went through an area that has not seen american for a long time. We had kids and adults stampeding at us. My companion said that is one time she really felt the spirit, because we can share Christ's love with so many people. Today we discussed the story about the Road to Emmaus and I had a realization. Those of us who know Christ can be like Him. Others may not recognize what we have till we offer them "the bread." Also, all of us who are coming to know Him are walking the Road to Emmaus. He is there. We just need to learn to recognize Him. 
Well, I love you all. Have a great week. :) Sister Smith

-- there's pics of me and my fellow missionaries, food, and things like that. enjoy :)
Sister Smith










Letter to Mom: 

Mommmmyyy!
Thanks for the infinite atonement. I looooove it. I have to force myself to not read it my whole day. Just kidding. but I love it.

I have gotten letters, I love them. I got one from all of your family that grandma sent. that was cool.

I like rice and I'm excited to make lots of food for you all when I get back. That will be fun.

I know I sometimes don't take criticism well but I am always trying to improve.

If you think the shoes will be good, send them but I don't know. It's hard to know. It's a little better now. I guess I'll just keep hanging in.

It's okay to send announcements. haha. Even last week I got the news clip you sent of coop and on the back it had a bunch of my friends coming home from missions and marrying. I was like wow thanks haha. but it was fun to know they were coming back from their missions. 

I'm jealous you went camping.

We had stake conference yesterday. THe first hour was great. the second hour eh. I like Larry J Echo Hawk. That's cool you talked to him. 

I love you so much. I think about you too much. Oh yeah I liked reading a talk called Purifying Power of Gethsemane. And also yesterday at stk conf pres deyro talked about connecting matt 5:43 and 48. that we need to work on having perfect LOVE. and that we can even approach people that are hard to deal with and say "righteous!" in our head and then thank Heavenly Father for the opportunity to exercise charity and stuff. 

I love you! I will send you a sunset that I don't know if I sent last week. 


Letter to Dad:

Daddy,
I can't wait to get your letter. I actually had a funny thing happen yesterday. We have some english boms at our apt and one has writing in it that looks like yours. I'll send the pics.
I wish I could go camping. Less than a year. Crazy right? When my anak is finished training I will be more than halfway through my mission.
I randomly found  byu talk and printed it last week. It really summarized so much of what I've learned in the last 9ish months. It's called "Don't Give Up on Your Testimony" I think you'd like it.
We had a LA member tell us this week he knew the church was true because he had the same experience as Joseph Smith. God appeared and said this is my beloved son. I was the only one who understood him...I should have asked why he was less active. haha. People are funny. But he does have strong faith. It sounds like you had a great stake conf.
We will be visited by Pres Ardern in our mission this week. I am excited for that. It will be spiritual for sure. I was just pondering this morning how Jesus is working with us. That's cool. I liked your insights. My road to emmaus insight reminded me of you. Have you read the Infinite Atonement? Mom sent it to me and I like it. 
I LOVE My trainee. She's so great. Dad, I think she will help me be happy and talk to people. first of all, I have no choice now, because I am the only one who can speak the language, but she is such a good example. She lets all her weaknesses become the bridge to the people, when I let them be my shame or fear. 
I'm so grateful for you. I don't appreciate you all enough but you are so important to me. I can't wait to hug you and tell you stories and feed you lots of rice. 
Also I liked "The Lord Needs You Now" in the new liahona. We need to focus on satan's targets today and fight them.
Love you. Your daughter. Princess Petunia 

No comments:

Post a Comment