Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Chicken Feet













Hello everyone!
This week was great. I wish I could tell you all EVERYTHING! But there is tooo much. 

We had SIX investigators in church. 2 of them were from our farthest area. 
Marjorie brought her baby and 1 year old. She's a rock star. She has a desire to learn. 
Daniel came even though he is way shy!
Rose is so sweet. She sometimes texts us "Gud am po sester!" She is so cute.
Then the 3 kids we are teaching came as well.

We are seeing sooo many miracles. As we teach them we are really seeing changes in them. I almost cried when they came to church. #missionaryjoy

We also taught a girl for the first time. I met her once but never saw her again. Then one night we saw her on the street and she said to come later that night. As we taught her, she was really attentive and sweet. When I got to Joseph Smith, she hit her hands down and said "TELL ME THAT STORY. That is really what I want to know!" I was so surprised...I was like "have you heard of him?" and she said "Yes. I'm sooo curious about this." She was astig. Her name is Joanna and I think she's taller than me. so rare.

I love gratitude! I will tell you all, life is more fun when you look to be grateful.

I have been in this pretty country for more than 6 months now! It's awesome to look back and see how much I've grown and how much this place has become my home.

I made adobo this week. It tasted pretty native. Yay!  I can cook. 

I want to share something from our mission pres. He talked about personal revelation. We know the story of the brother of Jared, and how God touched the stones for him to have light. (If you don't know this story go to scriptures.lds.org/ether2 I don't know if that's a real link ;)

Anyway. We see in Ether 2:19 that Mohonri.. has 3 problems. The first two are solved simply. But the last is left to the Bro of Jared (BroJ) So if you follow from 2:17 to Ether 6:7 (footnotes) you see things about the barges he built. Then if you go to the footnotes again to Gen. 6:14-16 about noah's ark, and read in the footnotes about the window, you see that window could be SHINING STONE. So bascially the point is BroJ got his answer from the scriptures. We can search and find almost all of our problems. And our mission president said, you won't get new revelations for yourself unless it's not in the scriptures. I read in preach my gospel and it said that learning the doctrine IS receiving personal revelation. So if you have any problems, don't just pray and wait, search for it! I love the scriptures and know they are true. I am so grateful for this time I have on my mission to learn and grow and share the light. Love you all. 

Pictures are of things I've eaten, places I've been. Yeah. Also, everyone see how tired my cute anak is. She was "studying" :)

--
Sister Smith



Letter to Dad:

Today I have eaten some oatmeal. I loveee oatmeal. And breakfast. I also ate a dutchmill (like a yogurt milk). We will go to a restaurant later. 
My church meetings have been pretty good. My investigators are pretty great. I'll do my group mail after this.  
I've been so exhausted but very happy. 

I hope you write me letters. You said you'd write me a lot but you don't. haha.  
I forgot to put in mom's email they said we can't wear tshirt fabric/ style anymore. I cried. haha. I have to only wear my fancy clothes now.  
I have been focusing on making my prayers more meaninful. I love the talk Priesthood and Personal Prayer by Henry B Eyring.  
Keep praying for my investigators. and for me. 
Okay. I love you. I am happy! I wrote in my journal the other day "I want to squeeze my investigators because I love them" and I also am making memoreies. okay bye! 

Letter to Mom:

hi Mama,

Yeah, I feel like time is just a weird concept. I don't try to understand it anymore.  The other day my anak was like "when it's Christmas, I have just over a year," and I was like....ahhh. When it's Christmas I have like half a year. It's going by fast which is great and way sad.

I'm glad I can inspire you. You inspire me tooo allll the time.

I did finish the infinite atonement. It was really good. I didn't do all the scriptures like you did. But I loved it. I was very addicted.

I'm excited to get the christmas packages. I am waiting to hear christmas music because I heard before that they start it in september here.

Your Saturday sounded fun. 

Was your conference a broadcast? That's awesome. I am jealous ;)

I have been talking to my anak about intent a lot. We have discussed obedience on the mission. Another word I've liked lately is STRIVE. Which is a similar word. because what we are striving for is our intent. 

I am working on the OT now. It's hard for me to love like the BOM.

I got the bug spray! Yay! I loved your letter. The recipes made me laugh and cry. Because there is no cheese or tortillas or salad here. But it gave me good ideas! We will eat hawaiian haystacks.

Okay well I love you. You're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment