Monday, September 21, 2015

Lots of Pics!

Pictures of us walking home in a rainstorm, aka showering. Pictures with members. Me PRETENDING to sleep. that time. Other random pictures with me, Sis Smith, Sis Talaroc-Kaniho and Sis Arnonobal












Hello everyone. Another week has come and gone. It has been great. Very hard at times but also very rewarding!

Some great moments:
We were singing and  harmonizing before district meeting on tuesday. I miss singing! It was fun.

Marjorie (one that came to church last week) said she really loved it. and wants to come back and stay 3 hours! She also said "I am getting the truth little by little. I realize it more in what is changing in me. Even my husband notices it! He said "You aren't swearing anymore!" (We've never talked about swearing) and I am really happy." Yeah! That's the Spirit! Sometimes we wait for answers...but we don't look at ourselves. We don't see what the gospel is doing for us. Changes inside our heart are the best evidence of the atoning sacrifice of Christ!

Rose came to church again. She's so cute. She thinks Laman and Lemuel are way silly for not even listening to angels. She's like "Heavenly Father is always there! I even posted that on facebook. A guy messaged me and asked how I knew and I taught him to pray!" She's ASTIG. She also told us that she loves the book of mormon because it relates to her life. She said "Just like Lehi and his family had to leave all their possessions, I need to give my whole heart to God." 

It is so true. Lehi and his family gave up a lot for the gospel. Are we willing?

We had a member workshop this week. I loved some videos that were shared. 
Missionary Work and the Atonement
Also everyone check out everydaymissionaries.org I think that's what it is. There's some videos about how to share the light of Christ in your every day life.

Sis Smith and I gave a workshop about sharing your testimony. We came up with an acronym.
S-sincere. if you are sincere, they will feel your love.
H-honest. don't give weird untrue stories but share simple doctrine
A-applicable. help them apply-invite them to pray
R-review. review things they have learned, especially from missionary lessons.
E-encourage. be a friend! love them!
I hope you all feel Christ's love as you SHARE your testimony with those around you. 

I also really enjoyed Matt 11:28-30. I have been really tired lately. The work is great, but sometimes I do need to take a step back and remember I can be yoked with the strongest, most loving, kindest, best friend and Redeemer. Don't forget He's there. This life is hard, but his yoke is easy and His burden light. He will help you!

I love icecream.
I love banana muffins.
It definitely feels like summer.
This life is the best.

Love you all!
Sister Smith


To Mom:

No, I don't print my emails because printing takes a while too and I feel like it's a waste of money and paper. I print them if they are way important. Like this one dad wrote about punching satan in the face. 

Before I forget...I don't know if you thought to send it but I am dying to listen to Davie for Christmas. That would be something I would love to listen to allllllllll morning while I exercise. hahaha. I did yoga a few times last week. It was good. I also slept on my yoga mat 2 times when I was tired. it is useful.

I saw some pics that were taken in Roosevelt at a members house. I got homesick. 

I read D & C 76. I loved reading in the institute manual. I feel like I underestand the plan better. It was cool. Lets go to the Celestial Kingdom!

I'm excited for the Christmas boxes. The thing that stinks is I'll probably transfer before Christmas and have to move the boxes but it's fine because I have extra space. 

I like the blue shoes. 

I am jealous you get to play christmas music in the orchestra. I realllly miss when I was little doing the concert every year. time is fast and now it's gone. :(

Yes I think the apostle Paul was a runner too. I have had a post it there for a long time that says "RUN! That ye may obtain." I put it there when I was on xc. haha.

You are a great mom. I never feel neglected or anything. Sometimes I'm embarrassed because I have mail but then I know I really need it and yeah. I don't like to be like "HEY I HAVE MAIL." but I also like to get it. It's hard being popular and having parents that love me? 

I feel way cool to be quoted on the bulletin. Save those. hahaa. :) 

Also I forgot to tell you. They said we can't wear tshirt style/fabric shirts anymore unless we wear a sweater over it. 
that's the angriest I have felt. I almost cried. But I have just been wearing my fancy shirts more. and it's hot. but life goes on. 

Well I love you! You're the best mom everrrrrrrrr. 

I also wanted to tell you to remember you have lots of friends and people you are influencing. I would invite you to think about how you could do missionary work more. If you have questions, ask the missionaries. they can help you. I promise, this work isn't for us. It's for the members. I think they lowered the mission age not to have more missionaries but to have more members that understand or care about missionary work. 
I love you! You're awesome. use your talents to share the gospel. 

Your favorite daughter. 

To Dad:

I guess I forgive you for not writing a letter. Although I want to tell you about your letters. They are not just for me. I have shared them with my companions often. I realized something this week. One thing Heavenly Father has made me realize was your significance and how lucky I am to have you. My first comp- her dad was dead. second-she NEVER talked about her dad. third-he's muslim, never writes her. fourth-her dad left before she knew him. the girls in my house- both their dads aren't members. 
WHY AM I SO LUCKY! but yeah. your daddy letters have to carry on to others whose dads aren't there or aren't like you. If you could I would like you to at least write a letter to my companion right now. Her name is sis smith too so it shouldon't be hard. just remember its her start of her mission and I know the spirit will guide you. 
Your bathroom looks way good. 
I miss grandma and grandpa. We haven't stayed in contact good lately. I love them though. When I get home I will cry when I see them probably more than you. haha. maybe.
I would rather see pics of your outdoor adventure than the bathroom. That's okay though. We'll go there when we get back.
This week I thought of you a lot. One time I was holding our phone and I realized I was waiting for you to text me. It was the weirdest saddest feeling because I knew it wouldn't happen but my mind was still waiting for a second. Emailing is hard. But soon I will sit down with you and tell you all of the experiences I can remember! 
By the way my apartment and I quote you a lot. "freaking punch satan in the face!" 

Life is good. I am glad I'm here. Even though it's hard. Like you said it's good for me. 
Can you believe it's been 8 months today?
Can you believe I'm 19 and 2/3?
Can you believe I ate chicken feet for dinner last night again?
Can you believe I can speak Tagalog?
Can you believe I LOVE YOU???
Bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment