Thursday, October 1, 2015

I Feel My Savior's Love



Some weeks you walk a lot, and a lot doesn't go as planned, but He is always there! 

This week was a hard week in some ways. We had a lot of great intentions and plans, but we are learning to trust that His plans are better. We saw a lot of miracles!

Rose is still doing great. I've never had an investigator love Lehi's family so much.

Marjorie is the cutest mom. I've seen her countenance change the past couple months. His gospel penetrates her heart. I can't wait to see her grow and progress more. 

We taught Joanna for the second time. She said during the plan of salvation basically that it just makes sense. I will testify to you all the plan of salvation has been engraved in our souls before this life. We chose that plan and right now we are living a small crucial part of it. and we can do it!

We taught the grandpa of one of our members whose grandson left on a mission this week. He was so cute. His wife recently died and his grandson was his favorite so he's been kindof sad. But even though he teared up a little, we saw his joy at learning. As we talked about Joseph Smith he held the pamphlet and he just touched God, then Christ, back and forth. It was sweet. No one is too old or too sad to hear these truths!

This week I had a moment where I felt really guilty but really glad I followed the spirit. We were walking past a teenager who was pregnant and kindof shy. At first I almost kept walking. But I felt like I wanted to talk to her, and so I did. She was very sweet. She's due in December, she's my age, she's actually married which isn't super common here. She said "You can meet my husband Brian too!" We haven't been able to find her real house yet but I felt that day that she needed that. So I know that He guides the people to us and us to the people. And He does it in your life too. Never forget to let Christ be the judge. 

I also dropped my wallet this week. A few minutes later some people I don't know drove past and said "Sis Smith! Your wallet is way back there with Sister Salmasan!" I was like Thanks God. I didn't even realize it was gone, but it ended up in a member's hands.

I love a quote I read this week by Heber J Grant. He basically said our salvation isn't to be found in marvelous manifestations, in knowing of Christ, or even our testimony. But that we will be saved by LIVING the life of a latter day saint, or by doing His gospel. Sometimes I know it is hard to act when you don't know or trust that it is true. But seeing an angel won't change your heart. Humbling yourself before the Father and trying out His will will change you. It's changed me.

I love you all. Enjoy your week. :)

--
Sister Smith




To Mom: 

Hello my favorite mom. You are the coolest on the planet. 
People still think I'm an alien. I get stared down a lot. It's way funny.
I was singing with a group of people. But I think around Christmas time we will have a small group singing on TV here in the Philippines. Don't tell people in case that's a secret. haha. but yeah. I was invited to do that. 
I heard Richard G. Scott died. I can't believe there are THREE to be called. I'm excited for conference, although I will know next week since all of you get to watch it first. I'm so excited for saturday for the women's session!
That's funny I have been focusing a lot on the loving and making people happy. I'm ahead of the game ;) No, I was studying your letter you sent about asking if things make you happy and I realized that is a way good tactic for our whole life. When you're tempted, when youre sad. Does this make me feel joy or peace or whatever? No. Then let it go. 
Yay! I love letters!
Yeah I am doing my best to wear my shirts i hate. Just kidding. I am used to it now.
I love you too. I did eat icecream and I found a little shop where a cute lady names susan makes muffins. I went there and asked if she knew how to make choco chip cookies. she said yes. then after a few days she saw me and gave me some! They weren't good. I have yet to eat a real choc cookie here. but THEN I kept asking if we could teach her. She said on friday night, "tomorrow I will make you a loaf of banana bread to give to you! and  you can come teach my kids!" so I will get her. SHe is softening up. and I am too from all the muffins. :) 
my toes are way pangit. you can look that up. basically I am trying to not die. just kidding. I only have to make 10 more months with this walking stuff.
I can't believe it's been one year! one year ago I watched the women's session and KNEW I needed to go to the temple. Then I decided yeah, I'm going to go on a mission to do that. then we had conference and then I met michael. and look at that. here I am. I may not have done the easy or best or smartest things but Heavenly Father has forgiven me for my pride or wrong desires and now I'm being His missionary. 
I realized last week that the ingredients for no bake cookies are here. #yes #Imadethem
I was still feeling bummed about sis Untong. Then I prayed about it. and studied a little. then after a couple days I knew I needed to let it go and just put it behind me. then I got pouch from her. she's cute. she apologized and said "sorry I'm way prideful and dumb. please remember our good times." i was like glad. because I think we both needed to step back and realize our faults and grow from it. 

Okay. I love you. keep being cool. I hope time flies so I can see you again but I also hope it lasts because my mission is like almost done. LIndsey rust comes home next week. She was at my point in the mission when Aubrey got married. D:
bye!


To Dad:


Thanks for writing letters. I am excited to get them. You're the best. 
This has been a hard week but I know that I'm trying and each day I can try to be a little better. I'm sorry the oil field sucks. I bet the work there is still better than it is here. I can't believe about all the apostles. It really feels like the world and church are being prepared for stuff right? Like Heavenly Father needs those apostles for some other work.
That will be be fun to go to the conference center. 
I love tyler too. and cooper. I always think about them and I can't remember negative things. I just love them.
I am thankful for our family. I am so lucky to have such faithful families and that I know what I want in my husband. My companion has a boyfriend at home who's not a member and she even thinks of marrying him if he doesn't get baptized. I'm just grateful that I know I will never make that choice that I can see the blessings of temple marriage. She grew up without a dad so I don't blame her. but I bear simple testimony as I talk about you and stuff.
I have started getting addicted to coke and rc cola. I just want soda a lot and it's way cheap and available here...but I am doing my best to stop. Don't tell mom. haha.
I found out it's a tradition in the Philippines to listen to American Country music on sunday. I really like that.
I'm learning a lot dad. I'm way glad I'm here. Even though it's still hard. I can't believe it was almost a year ago I told you I was going for sure. What a crazy and hard year. I've experienced enough in this year that it almost feels unreal. But it's happening. and it's too fast. 
Thanks for saying I'm a good person even though you know my faults. I guess that's how Heavenly Father is too. I read a talk from when I was in the MTC that one of the presidency there gave. He just said our Heavenly Father will always focus on the good we do basically. That when we repent, He remembers them no more, and we don't need to focus on if we were a bad dad one day, he looks at all the good we did. I don't need to dwell on things I did, but who I am.
Take care of yourself. Be good too. Be happy too. Smile and laugh too. and make some friends. and memories. Eat some pizza and cafe rio and bascially anything that has cheese. Youre the best dad ever. 
Love your daughter.
Aubrey L. Smith

Oh yeah. We prayed to know how to help the ward and stuff. Maybe you need help with that too. We found really good answers in Alma 7.


No comments:

Post a Comment