Thursday, October 15, 2015

Become His Friend














Hi everyone. I hope you enjoyed conference! I have not enjoyed it yet since it's a week late here. Well I really enjoyed the women's session. It was amazing.

This week started off with our mission president coming to one of our investigator/less active family's house for a family home evening. It was a neat experience for their family and a lot of fun to spend time with all of them. 

Sis Smith and I tried the creepiest weird face masks. It was like a spa night gone creepy criminal. but we had good laughs.

One great thing that happened this week. As we planned for our week we realized we really want to find the less actives. Especially the ones who have been forgotten or given up on. We prayed and discussed how, and decided to bring the list of members with us. Well it worked like magic. That night we had multiple people coming up to us on the street, asking who the bishop is now, asking about coming back. One especially good experience was seeing someone almost cry in humility but still admitting to have a desire to come back. It was crazy. 

We had sis Smith's first exchanges this week. I worked with a girl from Utah who is in Sis smith's batch. It was funny because she brought up restaurants I had almost forgotten. I'm craving some foods now. But I realized the mcdo cheeseburgers taste the same here. I didn't really like them at home but they are the first orange cheese I've seen in a long time.
As I said, the general women's broadcast was great. If you missed it, go watch it. If you didn't know about it, go to lds.org/conference and find it. Do you know who you are? Go find out.

I did my 3 words this week. It is a project they do in our mission. The question was How do I do His work in His way by His power. Look up the scripture on my poster :)

I'm nervous since this week is transfer week but I know His plan is great. We'll see what happens. 

I love this gospel. I love the Book of Mormon. this morning I was pondering how the Book of Mormon helped me have a testimony of the Savior. I just thought about the understanding I have because of the Book of Mormon and I am so grateful. 

On another note, this week i started learning Ilokano. It's rough, but I thought why not.
I am really grateful for the miracles I see each day. I see them inside me and I see them around me. His hand is always at work. I love you all! Enjoy your fall weather. :)

--
Sister Smith




To Mom:

I love you more. 

I loved the women's session. It really reminded me how much potential we all have. Even though we aren't perfect, we just need to try. 

I bought a few new shirts so I have about 8 not tshirts, we also had to buy these zone souvenir jerseys, I got some shoes (that don't work still) and yeah. So that's where money is going. I am trying to be careful. but just thought I'd let you know. I might take a little more out to have an emergency fund. 

I bought a new study journal too and it's cool. I'll probably have to leave everything and just take study journals home at the end of my mission. 

Do you think I could somehow get the Mark Mabry videos about Christ? Sometimes we want to show videos to our investigators but most of the church ones are long or in english. I think those don't have any talking, just music, which could be really neat. Maybe ask gma lynda about that. If they could just be sent on dvds or something. 

I have been frustrated lately because I know you want your scriptures covered with cool leather and they do that here. I think it would be way cool but theres no way to do it for you. haha. I wanted to do it for myself too but maybe before I go home I will have them make a case. anyway that's way unimportant stuff to say. 

that's nice of susan. say hi to aubrey's baby and to lindsey when she gets home. 

Sister smith is great! She's the best. I need to go to Am Samoa sometime.

I think you are growing and changing a lot. Don't worry. It will happen if you turn it over to Him. Remember wood can't carve itself.
(that was inspirational right?)

I want to become a happy positive nice person too. I'm way baby. but I can change.
I'm way grateful for my mission. It's a miracle! Because I hated it for  along time. but now, even though I miss stuff, it's way important to me. Mom, there was a time I thought I wanted to come home and not even go to church any more. Satan is strong. But I am grateful for the strength Heavenly Father has given me and I hope I can find the reason He gave me that strength to change and live for it. 

I am fighting for the Cause of Christ.

Lov eyouuuu! Can't wait to see you in less than 300 days. 
Bye!




To Dad:


I'm so excited. I love conference. Reading those names, it's like I knew they would be called as apostles. I think Gary E Stevensen may have come to the MTC...probaly not but if so I saw an apostle there! Those are 3 great guys. i remember their last talks.
I am glad you had a good time in Salt Lake. Hey, next october you can take me to get filipino food and I can talk to them in tagalog!
I loveeee my mission. It's way hard but somehow we keep going and we like it. 
I am sorry I didn't really have a lot to share this week. I am out of time. I will try to finish letters to the family later. we had a zone activity earlier so that threw off my groove and took all my time haha. 
I'm still with sis smith, but afraid that might change. 
I am teaching and learning always. I am working to get healthy again. I am happy! Be safe. I love you. I hope your letters come this week. 
You are the best dad. I'm sorry this is short. 
I will try to find a violin. and learn to play again. 
Thanks for being the best. I got your letter this week about like the temple and garners and stuff. it was cool. I could use more faith and harder work with the language too.
your daughter. who loves you,
sis smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment