Thursday, October 15, 2015

Just DO IT






Hello everyone.

I will start off by saying I actually kindof like chicken intestines. Weird things happen to your taste here.

I don't even know what to share from conference except watch it. and I will apply what I read in Ezra this week. whatever you heard, no matter how hard it sounds, no matter how much you DON'T want to change right now, no matter how "far gone" you are...here's what I have to say:
BE OF GOOD COURAGE AND DO IT.

That's it. Just do it. Okay? Okay.

This week we found lots of new investigators, and some less active members. I really am seeing the vision of missionary work more and more. I am so grateful for this time I have to serve the Lord and my Father in Heaven. 

Last night I was teaching a young single mom about the Atonement and I just felt like although it was simple, I saw wheels turning in her eyes. I knew what to say. I know she's preparing and feeling the spirit. that is a good feeling. 

Well. I don't have much more today. If you want more to read, Please go read general conference. haha. 

I also invite you to do these 4 things. Keys to happiness (thanks Sis. Kaylee Lofthouse)
1. Be obedient
2. repent
3. forgive
4. bring God's children to Him
We can all try a little harder to be a little better. I love you all! 

Update me on your lives. I may not answer, but I do like to know your life events :) 
-- 
Sister Smith




To Mom:

Poor grandma. I feel really bad. I feel like I am not praying good. She always asks me to pray for her and I forget a lot to pray specifically. Well, I will try to do better now. I'm a bad pray-er. 
I'm glad she's okay though. And I guess the prayers I offer probably helped her from getting hurt worse.
Tell her I love her and she's awesome. Find some really high calorie foods to syringe feed her. There has to be something better than 200 calories. 

I'm jealous you went to that conference. I wanted to go to that way bad remember? I have heard meg johnson before. she's really good. 

I can't even express my gratitude for my nearly perfect parents and the fact that I have an imperfect family striving to reach perfection.

You can send me a talk if you want. I'm sure I'll listen to it sometime.  

I LOVED conference. I felt like EVERY talk was my favorite. It's funny because I really feel like Heavenly Father is picking me as a favorite child. there's no way He could be answering His other children if He's answering me so perfectly right? I guess that's the magic of conference. I am still like in shock over how good it was. 

I think one thing I really learned was HOW to have the Holy Ghost as a constant companion. I am struggled with that on my mission. I feel like I don't know HOW to feel the Spirit. but that was answered in conference. That was a question I didn't ask, but had in my heart. 
My other questions were answered and I feel like I am prepared at least till April. I'm ponderizing Helaman 10:4. That's where my finger hit. 

One thing I am doing that I would like to do with you is memorize the Living Christ. I started earlier this week and I'm about 3 paragraphs in. But already it's making a difference and if you read one of the talks that i forgot the name from the Oct 2014 womens' session she talks about it.

I wanted to ask you and dad if you have any appropriate experiences you could share with me from your patriarchal blessing. I don't know if that's even appropriate, but if it like says anything about me or whatever. I just thought of that the other day and I don't know why.

Well, I really love you. By the way, thanks for buying me a toblerone last week. It was kindof expensive but I said yeah, mom loves me.  (note from mom: just to really catch the humor of this, I did not send her a toblerone... she bought one herself "from me")

I am so grateful for the gospel. I realized I am never really happier than when I am being inspired by the word of God and when I grasp that potential of what we as the sons and daughters of God have in the next life. 

I love you!
Your favorite and one and only,
sister smith

p.s. here are some random pics I would send you if I had snapchat. 









To Dad:


Hey daddy dearest.
I'm glad you are fulfilling your calling well. You are awesome. Thanks for pressing forward. 
I looooooved conference. It was just for me. I loved all the talks-together they just made me see what I can become if I can just let go of my reservations and accept Him. 
One thing that happened yesterday, a dad we are trying to reactivate asked me if it's okay to physically discipline his kids, and I just told him to pray and ask. He's way frustrating because he's not nice to his wife and stuff. I can tell he wants to be the one to baptize his kids next week but he will not do anything like go to church because apparently he has depression. If you have any advice for him, just let me know. You're a good dad. He wants to be one. 
I think the two things they are emphasizing are church and sustaining the prophets. Because those are things we kindof do in public. we better be reading and praying on our own, but like d todd talked about, we NEED church to have support of others. I want to be better at keeping the sabbath day holy on sunday. not playing outside or watching tv or being lame. there are thousands of less actives to visit. plenty of things to do as a family. plenty of things to read. we can even cook together. but I don't want to waste time anymore. especially on sunday.
I love the yoke thing. Remember he is babe the big blue ox and we're like that little mini ox "wippee! look how great we're doing, Jesus!" when He's really doing it. :)
Have you read all of PMG? If not, just so you know many of the talks of gen conf were almost direct quotes. I think that shows that what members and nonmembers need is in that book. I would invite our family to study it. We need a foundation of pure simple doctrine. 
I love you.
I'm really happy. I can't believe I'm almost halfway through. Time flies. I'm learning a lot. You're awesome. Love your Princess Petunia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment