Sunday, December 13, 2015

I feel the Spirit of Christ




I had a great week. I am loving walking in this hot wonderland. It doesn't feel like Christmas, but I feel the Spirit of Christ.

This week I met an American Man. He is from LA. I had a difficult time sharing the gospel with him in english. But it was cool as well because he has experienced a lot of hardships. I hope we meet him on the street again. 

We visited a family this week. They haven't been to church for years, but one day we found them.We met part of their family-a daughter. We actually just happened to go to their house on her birthday. Heavenly Father knows our birthdays :)

I am recovering well! Ugly but no pain!

Well. I will try to be better with these emails. but here's a quote.
"IN our lives the oil of righteousness is accumulated drop by drop over the years. Each act of dedication and obedience is a drop added to our store" SpencerW Kimball. We just need to do the little things often and we will be ready when He comes. 

I love you all. Enjoy the Christmas season. christmas.lds.org

Sorry. I only took one picture this week. And it's just me. Next week will be better! Bye!



To Mom:

Woo! I almost got to play violin. Sad story. I got the opp.I got a violin. I opened it. It's a member's. first, no shoulder rest. second, the d string is tied in a knot, like it broke, and they just tied it. third, I went to tune the e string, it was brittle, broke. so now I feel like a loser because I have to give back the broken violin and I don't get to play :( BUT I am singing in a choir on the radio, on national channels, etc. so  I guess I get my fame. Although I would rather play. 

 Sis Jenkins left this new dress for me for christmas. I will send pic with my group email maybe. 

I think if Tyler can do it,  (graduate early and go on his mission early) he should just go for it, if that's what he wants. It's less time to get in trouble, and I think having a heavy load will help him for his mission. Of course if you think he's not ready or that he can't do it, don't let him. But talk with the bishop maybe and see. I think he sounds like a different person in his email. He seems happy and excited. and I think it would be fun for us to both be out together. 

Tell Tami Gross I love giving out pop rocks. 

Well. That's it. I can't wait. In like 18 days we get to SKYPE!!! Woohoo. 

I love you so much. You're the best mom. I can't wait to go running with you! But I'm fat so go slow!

Love your daughter. 



To Dad:


Hi. I sent the email to mom's email for both of you. Because our internet shopdid not have internet. 
I loved the pictures. I laughed so hard I like cried. I can't wait to do dumb stuff on the iphone again.
I get to perform in a choir on national tv here. so yeah. we pulled it together in 2 practices... haha. I'm trying to find out if there's a way for you to watch it. 
Your calling sounds great. I feel like ti's truethat you are being prepared really. Heavenly Father is throwing you to different places so you can become familiar with and learn the different parts... I feel like that too though. My mission president sometimes says things and I'm like...I don't even know how I am a missionary let alone a leader in my mission. How did I fake my way here? But I guess I just have trust it is from the Lord and He knows me better than I do. 
I think Sis Jenkins will do well. She has a lot of peace going home the second time. I got to spend some time with her and it was great. 
My toe is improving a lot.
I get to watch the devotional next sunday. and we have mission conference this week.It's a hard season but it is also really wonderful. I am experiencing some amazing growth. 
I want the cold.Don't complain. Always remember that you can put it on but you can't take it off. haha. I know next winter I'll probably die though.
I bawled this week. We were at a member's house and her daughter has some sickness. She literally just went psychotic. She just lays there, doesn't talk. Her body doesn't move or relax, like if you let go of her hand it just stays where you let go. I didn't know what to say because her mom is like "it's because she got cold from air conditioning." Yeah, no. It's hardtojust see medical situations like that here that I feel could be taken care of or at least helped quickly in america. but we watched "Mountains to Climb" with them. I just was like bawling I couldn't even talk. so there.I cried.
and I laugh lots too. 
Life's good. 
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment