Tuesday, December 1, 2015

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY



Hello everyone. This has been an interesting week. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.
Some highlights, since we don’t have a lot of time today:
We visited some members and the little boys wanted to tell me jokes
the whole night. It was so cute. I really enjoy little kids. 

I had some fun exchanges this week.

Thanksgiving. I made some like… shortcake and I bought some peaches.
So it was like peach pie a little. #tasteofhome I also had lots of
spaghetti that day. It’s the new thanksgiving dinner apparently.

Happy 18th birthday to my little brother. He is the bomb.

I had exchanges with Sis Jenkins too. She is amazing. I am uplifted
and strengthened by the faith she has showed me. She’s awesome. We had
a blast really.

This week I battled the toes again. And I lost. Or maybe the toe lost.
I’m not sure. But I now have no toenail. Woohoo. Look at the surgery
pic. It’s great. They offered me my toenail in a glass bottle….the
pic I took of my journal. It was so fun. Let me tell you. But also, I
was blessed. Our insurance didn’t cover all of it, but I had felt like
I should withdraw some personal money the day before, and with all my
personal money and all the mission support I was able to have almost
the exact amount for the surgery. Heavenly Father loves us.

Sis Jenkins apartment has hot water. I took my first hot water shower
in almost 9 months.

Pres. Deyro came to our stake conference yesterday and he gave a great
talk. It was fun to listen to him. He has a talent for being very
bold, yet making people laugh so hard. He talked about how we need to
do things so that when we look in the mirror we don’t apostasize, or
turn away from the truth about ourselves. He said we need to live
right. He also gave some promises from the scriptures that by sharing
the gospel, we can be forgiven and also that we will have the things
we need in our families. That one thing we prepared for before this
earth was to help Heavenly Father with His work.

Another talk that was good. One member of the stake pres talked about
how we can relate life to driving. That sometimes people arrive late
or never to their destination because of things like distractions. We
can’t be distracted by those around us, and we need to focus on how we
are driving. We can’t be distracted by the billboards or things of the
world. It was a good analogy. We all need to drive safe and arrive to
our destination on time.

Well, I had some great times and interesting times this week. I hope
you all keep having fun and living as the person you want to become. I
love you and Heavenly Father loves you. And He tells you every day.

Love Sister Smith










Dear Mom and Dad,

I hate our internet. As in we have none. As I am typing you I don’t
even know if I’ll get to send it, and I haven’t gotten on the internet
yet to read your email. It’s been a long day and week. But I’m still
happy. 

I got my Christmas packages today. Woohoo. I’m really excited.
I hope there is no food in the Christmas eve one that the ants will
get first. Isprayed it with bug killer. But I’m excited to give the
crayons and stuff. I love you!

I have no big toenail. It is creepy and gives me anxiety. I spent like
38 dollars on some nice sandals though and I discussed with Sis Deyro
about just wearing sandals for the rest of my mission. So hopefully
this doesn’t ever happen again. Woohoo. Woohoo. Woohoo.

I have been endowed one year. I miss the temple a lot. I am grateful
for our covenants and being a member of the true church. Being able to
progress like we can. I wish I could remember more about the temple.
It feels like forever.

I don’t know if I told you but Pres Deyro had me write an article
about hope for our mission newsletter. It was published this month. I
will try to send it to you sometime. I have heard more than once it
was just what people needed, so I guess that’s good.

Well. I can’t think of anything else and I can’t reply. I’m way happy.
Haha. Just kidding. It’s fine. I guess we won’t die.

Love you,
Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment