Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Chinese New Year



Short and sweet highlights..
I FOUND JANE! I met Jane on a jeepney weeeeks ago. I didn't write her last name down correctly, so it happened that I couldn't ever find her. I prayed and prayed though, and finally, I saw Jane. Well I saw cute baby Zander. It was a great day. He cares about us :)
I did a service project but forgot to take pics so sorry. I missed working outside!
I invite you all to look at the article Learning of Heavenly Father in the Jan 2016 church magazine as well as the Godhead article by Jeffrey R Holland
We had a missionary fireside for the youth yesterday which was really fun. 
Well. I love you all! Thanks for the support. I am changing every day and your words kept me going from the beginning and will keep me going strong till the end. I am so grateful. I know the gospel is true, and I know Heavenly Father loves us. Bye!
-- 
Sister Smith




To Mom:

Yeah, last night we ate at Sister Sabaten's house. She's awesome because she makes lettuce salads.

It's hard being here because there's no time to really think or email or anything but I need to be better. 

Every time you say Angela McCurdy you explain who she is like I've been gone for 40 years. haha. :) I know her :) I'm excited to get the book mark and valentine. I got a letter from Iris. She's very funny. She started it by saying "I can't believe I'm alive so close to the 2nd coming." or something like that. 

I permed my hair today. I don't know why. I was just sick of it. it's not super cute. but not super ugly. I'll send you a picture next week maybe. It's a little 1998 or whenever perms were cool.

I love you a lot too. 

Here is a picture of me in the Man from Snowy River shirt I found. It's my new favorite. I love ukay ukay. it's less than a dollar and it makes me smile. I also finally organized my pouch. 
I LOVE YOU. I miss you. Time needs to go faster and slower. 







To Dad: 
Hello.
Is voting in November?  
I think you should read And Nothing Shall Offend Them by Bednar again. That is one of my fave talks in the whole world.  
It is important though that we are careful when we tease. I have learned that on my mission. It's weird because some people even tease and make fun back but they are getting their feelings hurt and its like ugh. but yeah. I'm in a culture where people are easily offended. So I am trying to learn. 
I think that is something I learned but never learned well enough. That it doesn't matter who rejects you as long as you go to the one who never will.  
I'm sad about a lot of my investigators. I feel not discouraged, but disappointed sometimes when the people I feel the strongest about don't ever make it to baptism. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but maybe there's a lesson to learn in not always being successful. Sometimes being a leader is also hard in the mission. I'm grateful for it though.  
We had an MLC and part of it was about Gathering in the Garners, like you shared with me a few months ago. It was good. I love you. 
I did a weird thing to my hair on a whim. You'd probably tell me I'm ugly. I still love you 



No comments:

Post a Comment