Friday, February 5, 2016

And there goes January

Photo from February 2016 Mission Leadership Council


Hello everyone! 
I had a very good week. It was busy. We did really well with our work and found so many people and it was fun! This really isn't missionary work, it's missionary fun. I don't have a lot to report. But I have a few things that I realized this week. 1. If someone smiles back at you, just talk to them. Sometimes that is how I get started. I know that we all want to help people, serve them, and love them. And sometimes we just wait for something to happen. We think we have to start with words. But I saw this week, that a smile can mean more than words. It can be a call for a friend, for help, or even that they want to help you! This week a girl who often smiles at us, and I usually say hi, smiled again. But this time I really talked to her. I found out she's actually a member from another place, and then her husband came out right away and listened to us teach. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father is pointing out these wonderful people that can return to Him and His church. 2. On that note, I've realized we all have times, or days we could say we were a little "less active" or that we've been further than we'd like to be from Heavenly Father. These are days we wake up late and forget to pray. Days we yell at our family more than we hug them. Days we wish we just stayed in bed. But I want to tell you all, no matter how many days it's been, or if you just started being "less active" a few hours ago, just come back. The beauty of the gospel is that the Atonement is done. The war is won. The work isn't hastened all at once, but it's a lot of "individual hastenings." 

On a less spiritual note, I had a really fun night this week when I spent it all in the bathroom. It's gotta happen at least once. Life goes on. TMI?

Well, I love you all! Here's some pics. Have a great week!
I told the cow to lift up its head for the picture. It lifted it up and hit me with it...obviously it didn't want a picture. 
A member made me a late birthday cake :)
This awesome swinging bridge we like to cross. 

--
Sister Smith






To Mom: 


happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are the best! Sorry, I was going to do a special pic or something. but I didn't. Love you anyway. I'm sending you two pics of the sky instead. 
I bought a PAT ring. I found it at the mall it was on sale. couldn't resist. PAT by the way means CTR in tagalog. happy birthday to you. haha. 
I'm still brainstorming with the pencil case. it's like so awesome that I'm a perfectionist on how to use it. 
I love the things you and dad shared from your broadcast. It sounds way good. I guess I'll just be grateful because I listened to Elder Oaks in our broadcast last week too. 
I can't wait to exercise again... It kills me but it really just doesn't work for me here. I'm used the band and stuff a little. It's just hard to explain. 
I got sick mom! haha. I ate lunch and then felt kindof crappy. then i went to the cr. then it never stopped. both ends. almost passing out. lots of gatorade and water. now I'm better. yay! I'm very grateful now!
This week was pretty busy but boring. I have no stories. We had some fun times being leaders as in no one listens to us but I realized this is great practice for being a parent. we have to wait for the kids to come home on time, try to think of how to help them be obedient, etc. it's great. 
I liked the missionary quotes at the end of chapter one in PMG this week. they are motivating. 
Well. I love you. Thanks for being a good mom. I miss you so much. Time doesn't go by fast enough but then again it does. I can't wait to see you, but then again, I have. I love you lots. 
arby






To Dad:


Hi dad. Yes, I agree. I've had ups and downs too. But it's been good. I love my life. I cant give specific examples but I am noticing more and more how specific Heavenly Father helps us. Like when we have a doubt, He gives us either something we read, or hear, or experience to strengthen our faith. But I've learned there's a lot of agency involved. I'm just grateful he loves us. We've been doing a study of PMG and then scriptures about the Atonement in the BOM and it's so cool. I love that story. I'm going to try to use it. I think people here learn so much from analogies and visuals. I'm grateful Heavenly Father gave me a talent for thinking of analogies too. (Ashley Hill used to laugh at me in HS a lot). 
Thanks for what you shared from the conference! I love that. 
I have a lot of replies to do, but I really love you. Thanks for being a wonderful dad. Please pray for those I teach. If you want names, the ones I'm really concerned about are Bro and Sis Laroya, Beth Bautista, John John and Clarissa, Melody and all the others. But those are the ones who I feel strongly to say. 
I love you. I can't believe I will be on a plane in about 6 months. I know those will go by fast. I can't imagine faster, but that's what they say. 
But I feel pretty good. I feel like in the last year I've learned alot about agency. I guess I"m grateful for the struggles and opportunity to choose to have a strong testimony and to believe and trust Him. 
Here's some pictures of our house and my area like you asked for. 











No comments:

Post a Comment