Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hello everyone

I had a great week. My birthday was good. I am 20 years old. I'm still young, but I'm older too. Nothing really changed. Thanks to all of you who sent me a miracle/testimony message. That was one of the best birthday presents ever!
We found MORE Less active families. I am seeing so many miracles in this area. This week a lot of those we visited came to church. We also found one family with 2 children who havent' been baptized yet, but have been going to church for a long time and waiting for the missionaries to come. Yay!
I am now in the third mile of my mission 5K. (Everything in life relates to running.) Time is flyiiiing. For my birthday and one year I basically just ate lots of icecream. Yep. I haven't changed. 
We had interviews with the mission president. I am so grateful that the Lord has assigned him to my mission. I have been so blessed with the 2 mission presidents I have had. One thing we discussed that I would invite all of you to apply is just really studying the scriptures. A lot of us love the Savior, but we dont' know His words. We don't know His voice. But like it says in the d&c somewhere, we can hear His voice in the scriptures. 
Something I thought about this week is what my life would be like with no Restoration of the Gospel. I realized it would be nothing. Because of the boy who saw the Father and Son personally, because of what they said to Him, and the communication they had with Him, I know who I am. I know who I can be. And all those around me are part of the same plan, the Plan which is perfect, although we aren't. Because of that day in the grove, we have the gospel, the doctrine, the clarity to know How to follow Their plan. The light is back on this Earth. We have a loving Father in Heaven, and His Only Begotten provided a Way. We don't need to be in darkness, because truth is restored once more. I love you all. I hope you feel the love of God today and every day. I hope you know that there is hope and there is peace, and no matter what happens, there's a way back. 
thanks for the support and love!


--
Sister Smith




To Mom:

I'm glad you got my letter. I don't remember what it said, but I'm glad. :) I liked the birthday card from all of you and loved the miracles.

(about hitting her year mark) I made it. I didn't know I could. but I did it. It wasn't very long. Which scares me. We had a broadcast today and I cried the whole time because I only have 6ish months. I'm a baby.

Yay. I will keep my eyes peeled. (I'm trying to think of and use english expressions...my english took a turn for the worse this week. I made many mistakes. Like words/pronunciation, but it's okay.)

(about birthday presents) I loved them! I am still pondering the way I want to use the pencil case. I have listened to some of the stories. George Albert Smith/Lucy made me so angry. They were way annoying. Should I say that about a prophet? I guess I realized prophets lives are not perfect haha. Our branch pres said I would come over for dinner and dessert on my birthday, then they cancelled in the afternoon. thanks. haha. but the other sisters got my some food and icecream it was still fun. 


I cried today when we watched this because I just thought of our family and how you are all trying to do missionary work and how I need to do it when I go home... but it's cute. https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-06-1031-ill-go-where-you-want-me-to-go?lang=eng

thanks for the birthday message. you're the best mom. You're my best friend too! i think all the time STILL. that I want to text call snapchat grocery shop run whatever with you!

don't worry about a hot water heater. they aren't necessary. but I guess utah has winter. just kidding get one. 

Tell toni I got her christmas card and I love her so much!!!

my interview with pres deyro was really good. the first thing he said was "You are exactly who you need to be." I guess thats what I really needed to know. I'm always searching for my faults I think. and of course I'm not perfect, but maybe right now, I am who i need to be for this moment, and as I continue to improve, of course, I can become who I need to be still. haha. He asked about my testimony and it was a great discussion to see what changed in me in 1 year. Exactly one year before I had that interview in the MTC where they asked about Michael and it was funny that Pres deyro talked about him too. We also talked about school and he said just go with what I started unless I want to do something else. that's simple and true. So as for now, I guess I'll just continue. haha. He's a good mission president. 

Well...I don't have much else. I love you!! You're the best mom. Have a good week. 





To Dad:


Hi daddy. 
I am good. We watched it this morning and it was so awesome. I wish you could watch it. I don't know if there's a way. but it was so good. and I cried a lot. We are cry babies. 

Our MLC was good. I love being part of the council. It's cool to just experience the revelations first hand, and to see ideas of others, and I've really liked it. Something I like that they are focusing on, in our MLC and the broadcast is teach repentance and baptize converts. It's so important that we aren't just bringing numbers, but keeping them, and then centering our life on Christ and His gospel.  
It's crazy Laci is home. Lindsey Valentine will be home soon and Halli Bestenlehner. I think when they get home I have 2 transfers left. Ugh. It's so weird. I only have 4 after this...that is so short. 
I agree with Sis Reynolds. I sure haven't succeeded with numbers, but I've seen some amazing little things. 
Sounds like you gave a good talk. 
We are studying things about the atonement for our study plan. I really loved 2 Nephi 2 last week. It is soooo good.
Well. Read mom's email too. I love you! 
I miss you!
Love your favorite daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment