Sunday, January 24, 2016

Maligayang kaarawan!!!!!

I (mom) just had to add this photo to celebrate the birthday of this adorable little girl. She's now a beautiful 20 year old woman, and I don't know where the time went!! I was only 2 years older than she is now in the above photo. I miss my little girl, and I'm so glad she is still my best friend. Happy Birthday to my Aubrey Lisanne!


Thanks for the birthday messages! I would love to write each of you back individually, but it might take a few weeks. Just wait :) 
This week was great. We had some fun exchanges and I learned so much from the sisters I was able to work with. 
Some great things happened this week. We went to a new area, where missionaries haven't been for awhile. We honestly were walking a little "aimlessly." But as we walked, we passed a house, with a gate half open. We kept walking, but I turned around and went back. I said "Hi, we just want to introduce ourselves!" and a young girl RAN OUT and almost grabbed us yelling "I'm a member! I was baptized!" and proceeded to explain that 3 or so years ago, when she was 11, she was baptized in another place, but moved back here to Sta Barbara, where she didn't go to church for all that time. She is the only member in her family, and being so young she didn't know what to do. So she prayed for those years that the missionaries and church would find her again. She's one of the cutest things on 2 feet, seriously. She has a STRONG testimony and spirit, and has had the most positive attitude and smile on her face, although her father was killed last month. We are teaching her mother too. :)
We returned to that area a few days later. I was on exchanges with a different sister. We were searching for some names with no luck. Finally we stopped and asked for help at a random house. After they pointed out directions, the mother said "are you Mormon?" and also proceeded to tell us they are members, who stopped going 17 years ago. 
Heavenly Father takes us where He wants us to go. 
This week has taught me a lot and I know that as we try to do our best to do His work, He will help us. Our plans are not as great as His plans, and I am always striving to do it His way, even when I don't understand. 
Here's to the start of my 20th year, and I also want to thank you all for reading this for 1 year. Love ya'll. 
Love Sis Smith

I didn't take any pics this week. so here's throwback to the MTC. 





The following photos are from the Urdaneta Mission Blog
I LOVE any photos I can find with Aubrey in them, so I thought I could share with all of you too. :) 





Hi mom.
This will be fast because I spent so much time searching for a quote I realized I have in my stuff at the apartment. I'm smart. This week I realized I am older than you were when you got married. ew. \
you might get a friend request from someone named arlene. she speaks way good english and she is like toni graham. You can be friends. 
I will open my birthday pres later or tomorrow. or whenever. I realized it doesn't really matter. haha. I'm silly.
I loved that RS lesson. Arlene taught it and she is so funny. 
I love yogurt and even though it's kindof expensive it's worth it. I have been blessed with sales.
I don't remember the thanksgiving napkin but I will just say yes I remember my crazy self. I'm glad you got it and he got his stuff too. 
THANKS FOR THE MIRACLES! by the way.
I love Laci's story. How cool. I can't believe she's home. It goes by so fast.
Your friends are funny. 
I also love how you are using your talents. Sometimes I wonder if I really have any. But I sometimes notice that I can do stuff. So maybe. 
I'm grateful for you! I wouldn't have a birthday if it werent for you! Thanks for being my mom. Get a talent doing family history. 
YOURE THE BEST. 
loove abbey. 

To Dad:
It was a very fast 20 years. Do you still like taking me places and showing me to people? I don't know. Hopefully. I'm kindof chubby and weird lookingbut I'm still pretty cool. 
I'm excited to give my homecoming talk to you. hahaha.
Change is hard. But I've realized it is one of the major oppositions in our lives and we just need to realize that is what makes us able to live and become like Heavenly Father. 
Well. I love you. Go out and rescue. 
Sorry this is short. Life is hard when you only have an hour. 
Love , aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment