Sunday, January 3, 2016

Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon




Something I forgot to mention-last week was our primary program. a little boy and girl sang a duet and it was like a movie,they were teasing and making angry faces. I laughed so hard. wish I had a recording. 

This week we had an open house for our new chapel. Lots of important people came. And it was successful. A great experience. Our chapel is really pretty.

Christmas Eve was great. We had a party with the other companionship in our house. Sis. Nolido and I opened our Christmas Presents. It was fun. I made everyone read the Christmas story with me and stuff. 

Christmas Day I sang on TV again! I'm grateful for that opportunity and for the miracles and help to the work that I know it will bring.

An elder asked if we knew Alabama Christmas. Shout out. It's funny, it was going through my head a lot through the last few weeks. Oh Thistlehair.

I SKYPED MY FAMILY. I wish I could skype all of you, but that's not how it is.:) Hi to you all anyway.

Erlinda and Edlyn are getting baptized this Saturday! They are a mother and daughter. Edlyn is 12 and gives the best prayers. They are so ready, and we love them and cute baby Tubal. Her husband will be soon to follow :)

I enjoyed a talk someone gave at a stake baptism. They talked about in the 196something olympics in mexico, there was a running race.It was long like 2 days but after 26 hours there was news there was a winner. One african kept running. after the race the reporters asked why he kept running. He said "my country didn't send me to win the race but to finish it." Our Heavenly Father also sent us here to earth and He didn't send us to win or be first but to finish our race, proud and strong. I want to change my attitude more towards always striving to do my best and not be the best. 

I love you all. Thanks for your support and love, letters and cards, if you sent me one. Keep walking the daily walk that brings you closer to Him.

Love Sisterrrr Smith. 

Please excuse my crazy hair. It is uncontrollable. :) I LOVE my blankie my mom made me. That cake is good.Instead of frosting it has carmelized sweetened condensed, or yema.
The hope article is something my mission president requested me to write.
Okay bye!




To Mom: 

I miss you a lot too but it gave me a boost and some peace I really needed. 
I LOVE the blanket. its perfect. did you quilt it too?
I especially love the sunrise necklace. it's awesome.
The clothes seem fine to me. I think I might be able to make them all work.I have some other shirts that match the skirts too of course.
The food is good. We've only eaten the candy so far. I'm excited to experiment with the cake. I'm waiting for them to bring us a rice cooker to our apartment.
I did the stockings one for each companionship since I'm in an apt with 2. IT worked great. Sis Nolido was happy about the presents too. SHe had just told her family she didn't really want much since she's going home soon and I think she really loved the journal too. and the wrapping paper.
My stomach still hates me but maybe it's a sign to eat less and better. 
thanks for saying my tagalog is amazingeventhoughyou don't know. sorry the space bar doesn't work always.
I don't know if it's allowed but he could just acceptand defer both. haha. Or just USU.
Oops. about the violin.
I don't know any members that recorded it but I'll ask around. I think Pres Deyro is working on getting them.
I went through some of my clothes on Christmas. Then I looked in my journal from last year, we did it last christmas too. new tradition. haa.
Well. I liked D&C 60 today. It reminded me why I'm here. Why we are here on earth. and it connected to my Patriarchal blessing about timeand talents.
I like you. I love you.
Sorrry I got a lot of thankyou emails to write.
bye. 
MISS YOU.
7 months more.
selfies just for you. I'dhave more pics but peopledidn't emailthem to me.



To Dad:


So this was Christmas, I hope you had fun.
If we make it through December...
Here's part of my email to Pres Deyro. I feel a lot of peace after the skype and from my studies the past couple days. It is answers to prayers and fasting.I finally feel like I'm not waiting for the future. I'm trying to live NOW. anyway this is what I said:
What a wonderful, happy, challenging and testing week. I am happy to say, the challenges I experienced this week helped me to find more peace in my life.I mentioned I was worried about things working out later next year, but I realized Christ never worried about the future, He peacefully prepared. I felt like I wasn't being as successful as I would like to be as a missionary, but I studied PMG and about Christ Himself, and again I was reminded Christ didn't compare to others or to numbers, but He consistently strived to bring His peace to all men. I struggled some with feeling like my time was used wisely, but Christ didn't count hours, He just did the Father's will all day every day until "it was finished." We faced some disappointment and rejection as always, but so did He. I am realizing we don't need to dwell on our problems or the difficulties we face, but instead lift others on top of their problems, therefore bringing us on top as well. I just need to be like Him, and I will feel the love and success and peace that He felt and gave to others.

I have been feeling lame because I don't have lots of baptism and stuff but I know I'm doing everything on page 10 of preach my gospel.I can improve but I know I'm striving,so I should feel and allow myself to feel the peace that comes from that. I'm not perfect.Eventoday, I thought of somethings that have happened in my lifethat I just wishI was smarter. But I thought of Alma30. KOrihor led away the hearts of many. Yetsomewere wise,and didn'tlisten.I may have let my heart be led away from the Savior at times, butnow I feel wise. I feel I better know how to recognize the adversary and the fake stuff.
I likethe goals you said. I am not sure what I want my goals to be.I will maybe tell younext week. I miss you all. I know lots of slang. It's just hard to tell you now.
Thanks for everything. 
You're the best dad. 
I feel lamesometimes but again.Christdidn't listen to that stuff. He just did what He knew he was supposed to do and didn't thinktwice. 
Love you,
your daughter. 

Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment