Sunday, January 10, 2016

Farewell 2015





I am honestly happy the holidays are over. It feels nice to just settle in to normal life again and be able to find people at their homes, awake, and sober. 

This week I experienced lots of things, from an investigator running away from me with her shirt over her face, to getting pooped on by a bird, to hearing and seeing more fireworks than ever, and also feeling the Savior's love through it all. 

This week Sis. Nolido and I both got transferred, therefore we missed our baptism. But that's okay, because I am so happy for Erlinda and Edlyn. I am now in Sta Barbara branch. (Sta Barbara is where the TV show skype is, right? I know, that's california..but who cares).
 
It is great here! the people are so happy and loving. We moved into a new apartment, and it's been fun. My companion is Sis. Vaivai. She's from Australia, but she's Samoan. I love her! We've had lots of fun already. 

This week I witnessed miracles. We were seriously protected by Heavenly Father. My prayers have been answered. I am taught from on high as I daily read His instructions to me. I hope with this new year, we can all be more committed to come closer to Him. Not only to do the things like church, scriptures and prayer, but to look outside the box. He is showing me my weaknesses and I'm sure He will show you yours. I also loved a story I read yesterday about a girl living 24 hours like the Savior was by her side, and the changes she saw. I know we will be happy and always do the right thing, if we remember He IS by our side, and on our side, always. 

I love you all. I also challenge you to either write your life history or go and ask your grandma to tell you hers. I have been strengthened so much over the past two weeks as I read some stories my grandmother sent to me. 

Keep pressing forward. 
 
Love, Sister Smith







To Mom:

The other companionship got presents. I made sure it wasn't a lame christmas. although it was still probably lame.

I don't know where Tyler should go to college. Lots of people like SUU too. Whatever he wants. It would be good if there is any way he can go and walk around both campuses to see how he feels... and if he prays. 

It's funny how much I hate my clothes yet I am so attached to them.

I liked that new years mormon message. Is that just new this year? It was good though. It helped me. 

It says a lot. I am angry b/c this morning I though I should take pics of my Patriarchal blessing for mom to read, then I didn't. 

It says that I have talents and i need to pray and know what they are. that I will use them to help build the kingdom of God on earth, things like that. they will bring me joy. and it says to Use my time wisely. We are only given a certain amount of time. Use it for what is best, best for me, best for my family with those I associate, and building the kingdom of God. 
If you ever think something pertains to me in your blessing or dad, feel free to share. 

This week I had the best experience. I was reading Great Grandpa Higginson's history, which I loved. I realized I knew nothing about him and I love him so much now! On the last page he shared about his mission, and he shared about a time on their mission where he wondered if he could really be forgiven of his sins, and how he realized he needed to forgive. as I read that all these things I read this week came to my mind and I knew that's what I needed to learn too. I don't really hold grudges, but I judge or condemn people I feel, not bad, just probably enough to make Heavenly Father wonder why I think I deserve forgiveness haha. He also ADMONISHED his posterity to serve missions. I was just crying. I can't explain why it was so powerful to me, but I want our family to be together forever, and that is something he suggested we could do to acheive that. I will send this to grandma too.
 
Anyway, it's been a good week. I miss you and love you. 

I can't believe Laci's coming home. it's so fast really. Lindsey Valentine will come home in April, and Kaylee lofthouse, and then me in August. It's so weird. 

I hope you get the letters. I'm bummed that it really didn't work out. it seemed like a miracle at the time that you would get them before christmas. oh well. 

I love your dinner pic. that is so cute. I miss you and all your friends. 

Well, keep prayin for me. 
Love you. So much!

Oh yeah I made my cake yesterday to break a really hard fast. Haha it was good. I basicaly just ate it all myself for breakfast too. 
Love you. 


To Dad:


Dear Dad,
the holiday here is crazy. there are fireworks all week. it's quantity here and not quality. I'm glad they are over too.
I'm in a new area and new companion. We are opening a new STL area. So that's fun.
It's cold there. I miss it.
I wan tRockys. I like that video about the LA. It was good. Yay. 5 Stake dance. 
Okay I will ponderize that. I'm feeling better now mostly. I am happy. 
I finished reading Jesus the Christ this week. THere is so much there in the scriptures that I didn't think of. IT's long, but it was good. I learned a lot. 
I don't have a lot more to say. I feel like I"m really being guided in what I study and what I hear and feel to change to be who He wants me to be. I have so many faults and weaknesses but I feel like at the same time, He is taking me as I am and I need to trust that He knows what He is donig with me. 
Well. I love you. Work on family history.
BYE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment