Sunday, February 21, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day All



Pictures of me and our 2 temporary companions we had last week.
Picture of my valentine...ice cream.
PIcture of a scary bridge.






This week was good. I can say I grew a lot. There were a lot of obstacles and fun new ways to learn ;) But I loved it. Because although I was brought to my knees and to my humility I learned a lot about myself and was able to accept my weaknesses and ask Him for help.
This week we met a man on path after walking somewhere and having to just turn around because that person wasn't willing to listen. This man said "I'm a member." then we realized he was someone we had looked for in the past. He told us he would come to church on sunday, and asked when we'd like to eat at their house. He CAME TO CHURCH. We found out while he was there that it has been more than 15 years since he attended. 
We also have 2 oldish men that told their neighbors they feel it's time for them to learn and go to church. Its great how it's never too late and the Lord directs people at the time in their lives that they are prepared to act. 
I've been learning a lot still about the Godhead. About Jesus Christ (March 2008 Liahona). and about how we need to become like them. I'm seeing changes in myself as I stop asking "what should I do?" and instead thinking "what would He do?" 
A thought I like as well that my lovely companion shared earlier is about how dogs always try to escape their cage, just to return and sit outside it. People are like this too. Sometimes we have thoughts like I can't wait for when I retire, graduate, get married, christmas, etc, and at the same time we are just trying to escape, like a dog, with no plan. I am working to be better at living in the moment, and not only waiting for the future, but making plans so that I won't return to the closed door I just got out of. I hope we all have some good life goals that won't just get us out of the cages of life but will get us where He wants us to go .
Love you all, 
Sister Smith






To Mom:


I will send a photo of my perm. I just did it. I've wanted to since highschool. I went to a cheap salon where my new bakla (look it up) friend Jamayca did a perm. He lives right by our church. Maybe he'll come someday. I spent almost as much as the perm costed on mousse but oh well. I needed a change, and it's been nice.

I"m really out of room in my suitcase. I should have brought 2 big. haha. oh well.

I gave away everything but a few poprocks I always forget at home. Lots of people LOVED the crayons. LIke I didn't only give them to kids because sometimes their grandma was jealous and stole it from the kids so I had to give her one too. and the rings were great. I love seeing kids at church wearing them!

I have been distracted and excited all week for him (Tyler's mission call) and he still didn't get it :( Update me next week, on him and ruth and anyone else too.

I can't wait to go to the temple, any temple. but yes, lets go. i think it would be fun if we could do a little tour and go to a few in utah when I get home. We could even just do baptisms at some with coop or something.

Yay for Sweethearts 5K. 

You're my favorite girl too. I miss your face too. I have been kindof struggling this week but I learned a lot and a lot of my struggles are lame and I can just stop. So there. Not struggling anymore. I learned a lot from realizing i've been trying to people please, and not really doing all for the right reasons. Maybe you've felt that before. where you just always are pulled 2 ways, like making someone happy or just doing what you think is best. I don't know. 

My soa (samoan word for companion) and I started a diet. The day we started it we ate donuts for dinner. Could be worse I guess. 

I read a lot of your dear elders to me yesterday, well I skimmed them. You've grown a lot too. I can see changes in you and dad and the boys and MIchael and my friends. its good. 
well love you lots. 




To Dad:

Happy Valentines day to my first valentine of my life. You're the best dad ever!
Sometimes we have stuff to do... sorry :( it's earlier today!
I can't wait for his call to come and I'm not even there. I'm a lot more excited for his than I was mine. back then I was caught between hoping it would never come, ever. and also being excited. But I"m glad it came because I was silly.
I cant wait for your letter. I don't even remember the last letter I got from you or mom. Oh yeah. Mybirthday card. I guess that's not forever.
Some stories...I don't know. My life isn't boring, but I don't know. something funny- I don't know! THe weirdest thing I ate was chicken feet but that's pretty normal. I also ate cheese flavored ice cream. Pretty normal too. 
I like smells of laundry, I dont' like smells of pee. People pee everywhere here. Its worse than cat pee. Sometimes barbecue on the street smells good. but fried chicken and liver don't.there's one house in our area that we pass it smells so bad and one dog too. We just hold our breath. 
We have stake conference next next week. 
I love you. I'm sorry for being lame at emailing you. 
I read this and I like the last thought, that love is natural hate is learned. https://www.lds.org/blog/what-my-kids-taught-me-about-loving-anybody?cid=HP_FR_2-12-2016_dOCS_fBLOG_xLIDyL2-1_&lang=eng
I'm now in my 9th transfer out of 12. I have less time left than when I got sister smith, and she's been in the mission longer than I have left. time goes by. 
I had to drop the Laroya family it makes me sad because that was maybe the most powerful lesson about joseph smith I had in my whole misson. But I guess that's agency. 
Well. I have to email some other people. 
Love you. the pictures are our study plan. Maybe you could use them in our family. 
LOVE YOU>




No comments:

Post a Comment