Sunday, April 24, 2016

99 Bottles of Pop on the Wall

Just kidding, I really have 99 days on the mission to go. What? How did that happen? Again, I am not counting down even though every week I mention it. Sorry. I love my mission!!
This week the worst thing that happened to me was I lost my new umbrella. I actually got really angry at myself. but I have convinced myself there is some other force in there because it is not possible for my to naturally lose or break this many umbrellas. 
This week we spent about 10 minutes one day trying to teach our investigator Tatay Celinong (he's old) how to say "success!" He kept asking, "Do you mean sexy?" It was very funny. but he got it and he understands it now, that that was success. He is awesome too because he always comes to church and he loves to learn.
Beth is also progressing and excited for her baptismal interview this week. 
Alex surprised us yesterday by telling us his wife (or live in partner of 25 years) FINALLY said yes to his countless proposals. He's been asking her daily since we taught Law of Chastity so that was exciting. 
I didn't wear makeup one day and people said "you look so tired, like you're not in the mood." So I guess I'm not as beautiful like a movie star like I thought ;)
I ate goat. It was alright... 
It finally RAINED! It was a fun adventure, since I didn't have an umbrella. But it was the kind of rain that beats umbrellas anyway :)
I also read Jacob 5 this week and it became one of my favorite chapters about Christ's love for us and His atonement, the power of missionary work, and trusting the Lord of the Vineyard. I think one of the verses that stood out was verse 22, that said "Counsel me not." I realized that focusing on things I do wrong, or others, is in a way counseling the Lord, and He KNOWS when there's a poor spot of ground. All of us are "poor spots of ground" in a way, but He chooses to dig and prune and fertilize and challenge us until we can bring forth good fruit. 
Well, everyone, I love you all and appreciate the prayers. Keep them going. I know that this gospel is true and that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father love us and prepare the way ahead of us. 
Love, Sis Smith
--
Sister Smith


To Mom:

Hello mommy girl!
I'm glad you got my letter! I haven't gotten any letters recently, maybe later this week on friday. 
Yay you got a car! Yay i have something to drive when I get home! Yay! You should send me pictures more. So I can see stuff! 
I can't believe Halli is home. It will come quickly for me. Ew. haha. I realized the other day I have less than the time from when I started my papers to when I left, and that time seemed pretty fast. 
I seriously love the Deyros. I feel like Pres Deyro is one of my best friends. Because he gets me and I never feel like he judges me. I'm sure tyler's will be just for him too. Yesterday pres deyro said "I was looking at pictures from you earlier in your mission. You had baby fat." I said "really? I'm pretty sure i've gained weight," and he said "Yeah, but it's like mature now." I'm not sure if that conversation was supposed to be a compliment or not. But oh well :) haha. 
I honestly would be happy never getting into sign language but I guess it has to be done. ahah. 
I'm planning on trying to get the tagalog BOM read in the next 100 days. We'll see. It's hard becase it's like 750 pages. 
Something random. Last night I was reading the letter you sent where you quoted your Patriarchal blessing and I realized that yours says mate of your chose and mine says choose your mate and I just thought that was funny because I haven't really met anyone I know of that says "mate." 
Oh yeah another one, sexy here means skinny only, not anything sexual (it's weird) and yesterday our Branch Pres said I was getting sexier. and I was like...Only in the Philippines. EW. 
Do you like all the ews? 
Okay , Il ove you bye!

Oh yeah, skype. I'll skype you Your time, around 9 or 10 p.m. on mother's day. I'll let you know for sure next week.

also, I should have told you sooner but I only have like 10 pages left in my journal and I realized i'm kindof OCD to buy another one, because it would n't match my other two.
But yeah, whateever. If it's a hassle, don't worry, I still have that tiny cork like one you sent and Icould make that work. bye!

To Dad:

daddy! I almost forgot to email you! flip! 
I love you! 
I like your email, and I will do my best to be more humble too. I am having to be very humble lately. \because alllllll the weaknesses and stuff are coming out. :)
I love and miss you. 
I wish I could see baby Addie! Tell everyone hi for me!
Dad, you're the best! and I'm sorry for this short email. I love the BOM. Also Psalm 23 (the last half) answered a prayer this week! 
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment