Sunday, April 17, 2016

We worked hard. We sweated a lot.

Hey everyone!
This was a great week. We worked hard. We sweated a lot. it is really hot. There have been days over 100 which with humidity feels much hotter. but it's fun! 
This week I listened to the Priesthood session! It was really good. I LOVE OUR LEADERS. We are so lucky to have prophets and apostles to guide us through everything.
This week I looked up on a jeep and a lady was very obviously with no shame taking pictures of me. This morning I was riding on the outside of the trike and all these construction workers and traffic guys were smiling and waving. I dont' know what movie it's from but I just thought "just smile and wave boys, smile and wave." AND I think I got called "Hey Joe!" about 300 times this week.  It will feel weird when I am not famous anymore!
I have been loving the green mangoes. I wish we had them in america. I eat so many of them. That's one of my food obsessions right now. I am also sending one of the lunches I made this week. 
I loved reading Alma this week. I was thinking about and almost crying about the war chapters. I had just finished listening to the priesthood session and conference and stuff and there was a lot about protecting and saving our families. Well, the war chapters of Alma that I sometimes skim over had so much about how we need to fight for our families and prepare and fortify. We can always relate the Book of Mormon to our life today. 
We had zone interviews which was really fun. President Deyro is so funny and inspiring, and he brings the Spirit with a smile.
We have some great investigators right now. Our area is doing well. Beth and Celinong are the next baptisms. I sent pictures of Celinong and one of Sis. Rachelle. 
I sent a picture as well of the food at a big birthday party of a member's kid, where I had to give the opening prayer to like 200 people. woohoo! 
Well, I hope you're all doing well. Lots of love, Mahal ko kayo!

--
Sister Smith


To Dad:

Hi! I'm good. I've been trying to download some of the pictures you've sent me so that I can maybe print them. because I miss you. 
yay cars! I don't think you're too worldly. 
I've been listening to conference again. My companion keeps listening to Dieter F Uchtdorf's from the priesthood session. she might be getting trunky.
I had a great interview with president deyro this week. He also told me he might give me a challenge companion for the last transfer..that will be interesting. But I love him. He has helped me find myself and find joy in my life so much.
I misss the cold. 
I'm excited for those classes. THanks for picking them :)
I'm happy! I'm working to be humble! and I'm fun. Of course ;) 
Okay, well I have 3 minutes to write 4 emails so I will sign off.
YOU'RE THE BEST. I read some of your letters to me this week and they made me laugh and cry. you're a great dad. 
love petunia

To Mom:

MOMMY!

Hi, I love you , i miss you, I will see you in like 106 days (I"m not counting, Sis. Vaivai is, and it is easy to add 42 days to whatever she says!)
I can't believe how much we are all growing.
Sis Wittwer and I are so alike. She's like "our moms would be good friends. My mom likes yoga and running, etc." 
My toes are dumb but Sister Deyro said it's just my thorn in the flesh and President said that all great missionaries have to have a thorn in the flesh, so I was like Okay, I will endure. :) haha. 
Good luck with the classes. If you need me to log in or do something just let me know. but it sounds like you probably know how to do it better than I do and I'm not even sure I know how at all. I'm glad you have darcie and michael. 
don't worry about talking about me going home. I think about it by myself. You have to  alittle bit. 
I hope cooper's birthday is good and I am really scared at the thought of him driving. Ugh. 15 is so little. 
where i live, it's hot. I've eaten tons of mangoes. Literally. they're so good. I love it here. I love the tiny houses and I love the food and tagalog and I'm sure I will even love the weather, once it is winter in utah. 
That's cool that you got to do the sacrament there. 
Well, sorry this is short. I love you. I can't believe how close it is getting, yet so far! go running for me and thanks for all you are doing to get college ready and stuff.
love arby 

No comments:

Post a Comment