Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekly Update 4/18-4/19

Hello everyone. I love you all. Today we had a zone activity. Dagupan is real hot. I heard it's the 2nd hottest city in the Philippines. Enjoy the update. Keep praying! Love you all. -- Sister Smith




More from her letter to us:

Hi mommy and daddy,

My first transfer ends this week. 1 down 11 to go. It's crazy. It's been pretty fast. but really hard. 

Thank you for both your emails. I'm sorry I'm always so bad at emailing you both and remembering to reply to everything. I feel like an hour is not long enough and i wish I could write you letters but I don't like that because you wouldn't get it for too long.

1. my one regret, and thing I want most is the mini scriptures like we got the boys for christmas. I wish I would have been smarter. with my scriptures falling apart, and being so heavy, I really think I would like little scriptures for proselyting that it wouldn't matter if they got wet. don't rush, but I would like them if you send me a package. I feel bad because i feel like it's so expensive to get things, so I'm sorry. I hope I'm worth it :) I can't think of anything else I'm dying to have right now. Most things I've been able to find here are great. 

2. I got one letter from grandma on wednesday. they were supposed to bring my package but alas. no just a letter. it was the second one she sent to the philippines. Idk why I'm not getting any. it's really weird. there's not a better address. I think part of it is just that mail is weird here.I think I'm getting my allergy medicine package today. 

3. My toe still sucks but I can wear shoes now again so I'll just keep taking care of it I guess. I'm really annoyed by it but what else can I do. My allergies were okay until yesterday, so it's a good thing I"m getting the package today. I don't know if i'll take them every day. we'll see. 

dear elders are okay but I actually don't think they are much faster than if you just wrote me a letter. Normal letters take 2 weeks so I've heard. the dear elder I got from you today was written when you talked about talking with toni about choosing to be happy.

Thank you for fasting for me too. I hope it helps. I read about Alma the Younger's father praying for him and how his faith allowed the angel to come to alma or whatever. It just reminded me that other people having faith in me is important too.

I had a really good exchange with sis. Mclain this week that helped me a lot. we had a really good discussing about becoming, and what perfection really is. 

I've been praying to have good experiences, and trying to really notice the Lord's hand in my life. I'm trying to have faith that it is there.

My tagalog really improved this week. I had to give a last minute talk at our baptism and I did it all tagalog and everyone was surprised. it was nice. haha.

this morning I used a deodorant melissa sent me in the mtc. and it actually kindof smelled like dad. that was funny. I liked it. 

I fell in an alley and broke my other umbrella. good thing sis. shaw is leaving so for now I'll just use hers then I'll buy a new one when I find one I like. 

We went to a fish pond for our zone activity today. we were supposed to fish but they dind't really have poles. so we just looked around. It was kindof fun I guess. that's why I'm emailijng so late.

I saw a barangay today called Coop's Ville. I couldn't take a picture fast enough for Cooper. 

My first baptism was great. Servillano is so funny. He is so old and forgetful. and the first time they tried to baptize him I thought he was going to hurt the guy baptizing him. he freaked out. haha. then they had to do it two more times. he is very clean now. 

I really liked where we ate last monday. It's called Mang Inasal. It was yummy. we also ate at a member's house this week. I had adobo. IT was good. Either this week or next week I will try chicken intestine from a stand we always pass. I have been promising i would try it. Pray for me. haha. 

Well, I love you a lot. I have to email a lot of people so I will stop here. I hope you all are doing well. Keep praying for me. Oh and Mom, if you send another package or even a letter that will arrive here before this next transfer is over (6 weeks) send a letter for sis. Paningbatan. she gets ZERO emails or letters from her family. In fact, even if it won't be in 6 weeks, send one and I'll get it to her. 

Bye!
Sister Princess Petunia Arby Lisanne

Keep studying PMG. I think a cool thing you could do is do it for family night every week. take a chapter or a lesson and do it togheter. at the end of the chapters there are study and meeting ideas you could use. our house can be an mtc because all of you are future and current missionaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment