Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day

Hello everyone. I have a few minutes long...


Happy Fathers Day to all you wonderful dads and future fathers.

Something funny- I have been making babies cry a lot. I am too white and different I guess.

I met a little boy with down syndrome this week. He and I are best friends now. It was a tender mercy because I have been missing school and stuff and being able to be kissed on the hand and high fiving him was the best. 

My favorite sight this week was one of our investigators coming home from work. He is a farmer. He had a huge armful of something green and then his 5 cambing (goats) following him. I love the strenght and work ethic of the people here. Their examples of diligence and strength help me press forward. 
We have some great investigators right now. Some of them are really embracing the gospel and sharing it with their families too. I am grateful to be able to see the changes in them and also grateful for my abilities from Heavenly Father to learn and answer their questions.

I read in the Oct 2013 Liahona and this is my quote "Missionaries help members with the work, not the other way around." 
Ask the missionaries, they can and will help you. 
I miss and love all of you. Keep being great support. 

--
Sister Smith




To Mom: 

I'm glad you got my letters. I think you'll get more in a week. I don't know if I'll send one this week. I'm lazy. And if I send every week the money will add up haha.

That sounds fun to go to the reunion. 

Maybe next year we can run something together in August or September. I didn't know Ty was doing a Ragnar.

My companion is pretty nice. I like her. We get along well and we work together well. 

I've been eating healthier meals since I've been cooking a lot. We cook together, or switch around. I usually make like stir fry, sometimes we use like sweet and sour sauce, this week I will try the recipe you sent in the dear elder for monggo beans. I like those. 

I wish I could go up to camp with you. Even though sometimes i feel like I'm camping here. Wet dirty smells like smoke and there's trees. haha. 

I love you so much too. 

I got the package with Nutella and things for my companion. and I was excited about the lara bars too since they don't really have things like that here. My companion was excited too. And most of the things had a purple option, which is her favorite color. so that worked out nicely. I love the owl from cooper. 

Thank you for the recipes and for your thoughts. I had forgotten that story about Mary Ann Barker Virgin. I love getting dear elders and letters from you. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the letters you all have mentioned (i usually get mail on tuesday). 

My toe started being dumb again. I had bought some shoes and I think the one day I wore them it squished too much. But it's not too bad yet. So I will just keep wearing the shoes that were okay. The only problem is they are like jelly shoes and they have lots of holes so even if it just rains a little bit my feet are soaked. I guess I'd rather have soaking wet feet every day than bad infected toes though. 

Well, I love you a lot. I miss you. 

Thanks for being the best mom ever. 
Arby 



To Dad:

I'm glad I got to make you a dad because you are also my first dad and you were great. and you are great 
I'm glad you got my letter. I cried while I wrote it. Surprise! I cry every time I think about you thanks a lot. I am trying to go back and forth and remember to answer all your questions in the other email. Sometimes it's hard. But about the priesthood, the only thing I can think of that relates is the Priesthood session of conference. It was really good. It helped me understand and appreciate the priesthood more. I also have been studying 3 Nephi and I realized that the first thing Christ did was ordain people to be able to baptize. So it's important.  
One thing this week is that we visited an LA and he goes to the Catholic church now, and he said he left because he wanted his choice to be his own. That he felt like being mormon was not his choice. He wanted to find the truth on his own. He then started asking us to explain things his Catholic Padre said, like that the bible is all figurative, that Christ didn't fast for 40 days, and he was confused at the catholic church. I bore my testimony and I felt really grateful for the simpleness of the gospel.  
Are you still working at the temple? I have been struggling not being able to go, but I realized how lucky I am. For example, my companion has gone 3 times for baptisms in her life, and 2x for endowment, only in the MTC. So I am trying to look at the blessings I have. 
Love Petunia


No comments:

Post a Comment