Monday, July 20, 2015

Also I Talked in Church Yesterday

Hello everyone!

This has been another good week of growing. I am grateful for the many opportunities to grow here on the mission. 

This will be short because we took a survey that took awhile today :) 

One thing is that it has been sooo rainy. Almost three weeks. Now it's hot again. The rain isn't too bad except everything smells like dirty rags ;) And I fell in the mud only once. 

A new transfer is starting. Sis Nolido is still here. We expected her to transfer but we are happy to have another transfer together. 

I worked with a new American sister one of the days this week. It was fun. It also reminded me of my first day.That was really scary. And it gave me an opportunity to see that my tagalog HAS improved a little.

One of our investigators is a 10 year old. Her family are members. Last week we had 2 funny experiences. One, we asked what prophets they remembered. Her answer was Satan. We had a good laugh. She also chose me to say the closing prayer? Why? because she likes my tagalog. Her parents say she talks about the way I talk a lot. I'm sure people get good laughs over me. 

Although one of our investigators we were excited about dropped us, we started teaching a new family this week and they are really great. The husband always pretends to be busy but puts a chair close to us and then at the very end of the lesson joins in and asks questions and stuff. It's funny. 

This week was hard. But seeing the changes in myself and in others is so good. 

The mosquitoes have been terrible. even though I use repellant, I counted around 50 bites on my legs. Yay! I have never been really bothered by bugs..but this week we had ants, mosquitoes, termites, flies, moths, beetles, cockroaches, spiders. Lots of little friends. 
Well, I love you all!t Thanks for the support. 

Quote- 
Our lives cannot be faith filled and stress free. Neal A Maxwell.
He talks about how we can't say "Lord, give me experience, but not pain or sadness or betrayal- all the things that made You who You are." 

Although we have trials, with faith, we will become like Him.

Also I talked in church yesterday. 

Bye!
-- 
Sister Smith


to Mom & Dad:

Tomorrow is my 6 months. Yesterday was my half birthday. Time is pretty fast. I was hoping things would be easier at this point but I am seeing now things probably won't get easier but I am getting stronger and I will be stronger. 

Last week I bought an umbrella, so far so good. Also I got a silver chain for my medallion and I think it makes my neck itch. But I did wear it for like 60 hours so maybe it was too much.

I would love some liquid bug spray if you send anything in the next while.I can wait, but the bug spray here is kindof crap.

I am feeling like I can do it. The Book of Mormon is awesome. Food is awesome. Being busy and teaching is awesome.

Another LA died. Also the first one that died, we are pretty sure their family (not members) thinks we somehow caused it. So that's fun.

I got the letter with the poem, that's good. I also got the package from Gma Howell. I don't have time to send a seperate email so tell her it was perfect and I loved it and I love them. 

We did a fast yesterday as a companionship and I feel like it will help our area. Personally I felt like church gave me some insights too. 

Well I will finish with a thing Jeffrey R Holland said in a talk I listened to. He was talking about the Savior and us being pushed to the limits. It is much better in his voice. 

"Come to the edge, he said,
No, we'll fall. 
Come to the edge, he said,
No, we'll fall. 
Come. to. the. edge, he said
We came to the edge, 
He pushed us and we flew."

I am trying daily to take baby steps to the edge. I feel like I am getting closer to flying even though it's scary. 

I love you, 
Aubs

p.s. I think you all said you sent me letters forever ago, but I haven't gotten any. I think sometimes the mail is weird...like I got one from michael this week that said it arrived in urdaneta a month ago. So hopefully soon. lOve you 
--
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment