Monday, July 6, 2015

Letter to Mom & Dad

No group email from Sister Smith this week, so I'll share her letter to us. :)


Here's a list of things I wrote down to tell you:

my comp and i tried dragonfruit. it wasn't that great. it's a pretty color though. dark pinkish red. then the next day when i went to the bathroom I thought I was going to die. i thought I had internal bleeding. then I realized it was just the fruit. hahaha... my comp had the same problem.

You should try the monngo beans recipe I thought it was pretty good.

there's a lady in our ward that I realized I never saw her husband. turns out he was working in manila then all of a sudden she never heard from him again. but you would never guess. she's so happy, she works with the missionaries. she doesnt' let it get her down. It was a good example to me to become better responsive to adversity. 

I like eating spoonfuls of nutella every night. 

I hate dreams.

Also Devin Thompson goes home from his mission in like 2 weeks. what the heck? time flies.

Oh yeah, in response to the letter I got from mom. (I got the one with the 2 pics of Christ).
I don't need extra money. Food has been a lot cheaper now that we buy our veggies/fruits at the market, and I have eliminated a lot of snacks and stuff. 
I will continue to buy millions of umbrellas.

My companion is awesome. She's really nice. we get along really well. We laugh a lot. She is from Bacolod (taga-Bacolod means from bacolod) and she has family in the US that she may go live with after her mission. she gave me a skirt they sent her that was too big. lucky me haha. We are both really easygoing together. I miss sis p sometimes but this companionship feels less stressful.

I like all foods now. haha. I dont know I really like tuna which I never ate in america. and I just have to not be picky here. but I think the mangos are better here. we'll see when I get home. 

I'm getting used to gross weird bugs/worms/spiders/ants. I heard there are no poisonous spiders in the philippines. I dont know if that's true. Maybe cooper can tell you.

I use the Insitute study guides to study/or the seminary. I started the OT this week. I am using the seminary guide. its good. I used institute I think when I studied isaiah. 

Has Uncle carol died yet?

I read a great talk this morning called The Precious Promise by Neal A Maxwell. For some reason it just hit me and strenghtened my faith a ton. and I thought of mom a lot while I read it. 

I love the tagalog you throw in your letters mom. The CR is great, right? I'm sorry your hike was crappy. I think the only thing I can tell you to do is more spiritual stuff as a family, and more individual stuff as individuals. I read an article earlier this week but I forgot what it's called. Anyway, I think there's a lot we can do to eliminate distractions from our lives, and when we do, we see more clearly the important things. I also liked a talk by James E Faust called To REcieve a Crown of Glory, that I read this morning. OH and the The Tugs and Pulls of the World by Neal a Maxwell. I think that last one is the one I was thinking of for the family. 

I'm excited for you to be grandparents too, someday.

I never wear the gray pants. we never really wear normal clothes. 

I'm excited to get a "surprise" package haha.

That 4th of July was really fun dad. I was thinking about you all alot too on the 4th. Last year I saw the best fireworks ever in Kanab. We have got to go back some day. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I got fired. 

I'm sorry about your horse experiences. You really have a ridiculous life. It reminds me of me. I have broken so many things this week. And this morning our shower wouldn't turn off. it took 20 minutes to get it off. My poor companion was helping me and got her pajamas wet and I felt dumb. 

I can't believe how time has gone by. It's crazy. but hard. and I know that like Heavenly Father said to the family of Lehi, 1 Nephi 17:13-14, AFTER ye have arrived in the promised land....
I may not recieve the testimony and blessings I want until after. I might have to show faith for a while before I really feel strong again. But He will let me know that it is by Him I have been led.

I loveyou all a lot. 

OH YEAH. i had a wake up call this week. the LA that I have written about before, anyway, I always felt an urge to really bring him back. He has been going to the catholic church and he was just really confused. I knew he had a desire to do the right things, but he was blinded by his wife and stuff. anyway. he got hit by a motorcyle and died this week. It just hit me that i can't wait on this work. I can't just give up on people and say the next missionaries can take him. I am glad I tried my best with this guy, but I hope that it was good enough. It's crazy realize that people can just be gone one day... so it was a wake up call to do better. earlier in the week I read the story in this month's ensign by james e faust. those combined have made me want to improve. 
--
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment