Monday, November 23, 2015

Hey hey hey

Hello everyone,
This has been a nice.....hot winter. Haha. I hope you're enjoying the snow if  you have some. I will try to enjoy the heat because next year I will miss it probably. 
This week was pretty good. I don't have much time, so I'll give you some highlights.
Sis Nolido makes pancakes sometimes and puts apples and cinnamon on them. Why don't I think of these wonderful american flavors that I miss? I am going to be better at cooking.
I saw a little kid take off his clothes this week. He was wearing Utah Jazz undies. Go Jazz!
Sister Jenkins, my wonderful and inspirational companion from the MTC is BACK. And she's on fire. :) I am so glad she made the choice to return here.
I finally tried some icecream here. it was delicious. Of course. It's icecream.
I finished my first journal. Now I don't want to write anymore. But I won't stop now.
We had a new activity called a Blitz. We went to one of the companionships in our district who's area is struggling and we all split up in our companionships and just talked to people. It was really fun and it made me feel even better about talking to people. Sometimes I still struggle to open my mouth or know how to start talking or what to say. One of those times was on the way to the Blitz. We were on the jeepney and eveyone was just sitting there. I was like, I need to just talk to anyone on this jeep! But I didn't want to. I felt awkward and alone. I prayed to just be able to start speaking and I was really helped. I had a really good conversation with someone and I was able to refer her to the missionaries in her area. I encourage all of you to use the power of prayer to develop the courage to talk to others, even strangers about how you see God's hand in your life, and to invite them to learn more about the Savior. 
We accidentally invited a member to be baptized. We talked to her forever. She said "We used to be taught by the missionaries. My brother is a member." We thought it was a great opportunity. So we taught her and invited her and she said "Oh I actually got baptized a long time ago." Well. Okay. We were glad to find her though. She is a really sweet lady. 
Our investigators are doing pretty well. The Ramos family and Salayog families and others too came to church again. We are seeing a lot of progress in them. We visited a less active member of the church and found out he has a lot of friends he wants us to visit. 
I'm sorry this is  a pretty lame email. I love you all. Keep reading. Keep praying. Keep both hands on the rod. Keep both feet in the boat. The world will never accept spiritual things. But you can. 
Love yall.


--
Sister Smith










To Mom:

Don't feel bad!
Ask Hannah if they ever got my email for Annie.  :)
I have only  heard that something happened in france. thats way sad. THe world. its coming. haha. the righteous need not fear.
Way to go grandma! She's a trooper.
I'm glad your books of mormon are making marks! You're awesome. Speaking of hard things, did you know about Emily Paulson (newhall)'s neice? She finally emailed me today. I was sad. but i know they will be okay.
yaay for being able to go to the temple.
cool! I miss yoga. I am trying to exercise better. We'll see. I know that I can only do my best.
I am surprised I am an STL. It's fun though. I am trying to see outside the box to do my best and use my talents in this calling. I'm struggling a little with just overcoming stupid stuff like my own pride. but I'll keep striving.
People who make their handicaps strengths are awesome. We all need to do that better. 
I miss you too. I'm sorry this is short but for some reason I have no time today.
I like the efy song "the girl I am" Maybe you'll like it too.
I ate the worst food the other day. I hate meat here sometimes because it's like just the fat. and the other day I about threw up. haha. gulay na lang.
Well I love you. I just need to send pictures, and email dad and michael and grandma and i only have 10 minutes. 
THis week marks one year that I got my call. time is fast and slow. bye!
LOVE YOU.

To Dad:


Hi. My new area has been pretty good. Sis Nolido is fine. I love her. We are working with lots of people. Some that we are focusing on are the Ramos family. They are the ones with the little boy who is deaf and the mom has one leg. I like them. they are cute although the kids and dad are kindof crazy. 
I am happy. My body is weird but I guess I'm healthy enough to work okay so I'll just keep going.
yaya snow.
Congrats to tyler. I love him. I was listening to the song "a letter home" by nashville tribute and it made me think of him. I hope I'm helping him.
Have fun at the meeting. I love you! thanks for your advice.
We had an LA talking about his mission and how the American elders he served with and the ones who originally baptized him were always funny. I want to be funnier. I joke a lot. but I can do better. I'm a Smith. I need to use yours and Grandpa Lauritz' genes and make these people laugh. 
I read Alma 6-8. Maybe that can help you with your establishing and strengthening work. 
love you alot!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment