Sunday, November 8, 2015

Novemberrrrrr

Hello everyone,
This was a pretty good week. Although verrrry hot. But it was happy and I enjoyed it. 
One accomplishment of my week is that I finished memorizing the Living Christ. I would reccomend it. It took me around 3 weeks, I just worked on one paragraph for a day or two and then I recited it while I showered. there is always time apparently ;)
One scripture I ponderized recently was Alma 36:37. It was really great to have the insight that I really need to get closer to my Heavenly Father. I thought about how when we have a best friend or parent or someone we are so close to it is easy to update them on every part of our lives, but sometimes we forget to inform or discuss or celebrate or cry with our Father and Savior. 
We started teaching a family with 15 kids. Its fun, but everytime we go it is different people. :)
Halloween was pretty good. Probably the best one of my life. Just because a lot of great things happened and it ended in the cutest way. trick or treating isn't a real thing here. but as we were walking home all of a sudden a bunch of little boys were around us. They had white faces and they were walking like zombies. they said trick or treat and sis smith and I gave them candy. THey weren't just wearing the costume, but zombieing down the street.
I like what one of our friends, tatay sonny said this week. "We need to always pray, when we wake up or go to sleep and when we it. When we don't have any food to eat, it's just important that we pray." When we don't get blessings we expect, do we complain or continue to thank?
I'm really grateful for this week. Although it had some rough spots, I have come to see more and more how loved I am and each of our brothers and sisters. I am so happy to be a missionary here in the Philippines and I am happy to have all of you as my support. Keep being disciples. 
Love, Sister Smith


To Mom:

Thank you. You are the best mom. Here's a poem for you. I wrote it last night for a few minutes.



Back before I knew Him
I thought happy was a place.
I thought it was the place you go 
when you're finished needing grace.
I thought his gospel and His plan
had boundaries of can't and can. 

As I came to grow and learn
and with growth came mistakes
I came to find that all the time,
I really needed grace. 
I felt discouraged, even down.
I felt like royalty losing a crown.

Over time I realized
Happy is the hope we find
When we know Him and His way,
He is mercy He is kind.
His gospel and His peace I found,
in seeking grace, while kneeling down.

He always places on my head,
the crown I drop every now and then.
He wipes away the tears and says,
words that lead me back again.
I found His grace He always lends,
Helped me to love Him, my Best Friend. 


I'm embarrassed to share it but if you think good you can. haha. 

You should try speaking another language while fasting. That is funny. I said cat instead of heart again! oops.

I'm with sister smith for now. We'll see on wednesday if that changes. 

I never have hot water. I actaully feel sad if my water isn't cold enough. and I would rather use a bucket than a sprayer. You might have to buy one for me.

I eat oatmeal in the morning, rice and something for lunch, snacks and sometimes dinner. I eat way too much. I"m fattttt. but I fasted for more self control so hopefully I can eat what I need and make healthier choices. Exercising sucks. I can't do it. there's either no time or no energy. At least we really walk a looot. like maybe 2 or more hours a day. It is not stormy. jUst hot hot hot. I had to buy a new umbrella. I didn't want to because I'm pretty sure you sent one for christmas but I guess I'll hopefully just have an extra. 

We usually travel by foot or by trike. sometimes jeep somtimes bus. 

people don't really slam doors. they just run away, or pretend they aren't home, or send a kid to say "they said they were sleeping." My tagalog is okay. I actually dreamed in Ilokano. I think I am not sure any more if I dream or think tagalog or english. Its just a mix. 

I love you so much. feel free to add on the blog things I tell you that I don't tell other people, as long as it doesn't seem private. 

I'm doing pretty good with my life. I love it. It is hard. I still miss you all and Michael and college and running a lot, but most of those things will be there for sure when I get back. so I try to just have good feelings. 

I realize more and more how prideful and selfish I am. I am trying to appreciate that and not be discouraged. To just change and not be angry. 

Well I love you. enjoy your week. You all are the best! I can't wait to be a good mom like you. 



To Dad:
I wish I could experience the fall too. It is sad being here at this time of year. It is as hot as ever and as far away as you can get from fall or christmas season. but i guess in some ways that's good because it doens't remind me of home.
Your life sounds really normal. that's good. Happy Halloween. I dressed up as a missionary. 
I think with feeding the sheep the biggest thing members can give is their love and time. We often try to think up programs or classes or jobs or callings or lures or SOMETHING to get less actives back. we try those, here they leave it to the missionaries, but really, I think most these sheep are lost because they stopped recognizing their herd. They just need to know all those sheep want and need them there. I heard once after the shepherd rescues the sheep, he puts it in the very middle of the herd, where he is pulled along by the others. we can't just call to those sheep. maybe they'll join the herd but they'll be on the back or edge, easy to lose again. put them in the middle of the action. get in the middle of their lives. I think visiting teaching and home teaching is way important. also, just involving them in our lives. barbeques, christmas parties, even just dinner. 
I'm doing good. I am with sister smith for at least 2 days. we'll see if I or she transfers. I don't want change but that's life. I have lots of admiration for sis j. I honestly don't think I'd come back. Not because I don't love it but I just think it would be too hard. My investigators are pretty good. One funny story is that Bro Lucena said a while ago that he dreamed my first name but forgot it. He just knew it had an ah sound. then the other day we ate there and he said "Your name has a song. it goes da da da da da da" and it was Aubrey by bread. I don't know how he knew my name or why he dreamed it. but that was weird. He said it was a gift of the spirit because of the work I've done in his family. haha. 
something kindof spiritual sis smith said my tagalog sounded different. I was like how? like tone of voice? and she said yeah. well no. it sounds like way spirit. Like I feel your love way more. So I guess that's  a good change. I am trying to just let myself be comfortable with imperfection in my language. I even said cat instead of heart 3 times this week. I should stop that. 
I haven't had any really weird food. we had a boodle fight today though. look it up.
I love you. I will try to sing more. Sometimes I am a dummy. but I'm repenting.
Your daugggter. 
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment