Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sweet 16

Hello everyone! I gotta keep this short and sweet, but I hope you're all doing well. This was one of the best weeks of my whole mission! A combination of cool thunderstorms and lots of new people and an awesome companion just was the best! Oh yeah, and hershey's salted caramel kiss ice cream. 
First things first, shout out to my little brother in the MTC! I'm so proud of him. 
This week was also lot of parties. Sister Wittwer hit halfway, Sister Ramos 1 year, me 16 months, and Sis DelaAustria's birthday. It's fun to celebrate. 
Something else I have been having fun with is thinking about having a light heart and being cheerful as a Christlike attribute. I think it is. I have been seeking for examples, and also as i have pondered this I have found many of the most Christlike people in my life have mastered this attribute. I know that attitude is everything. Although we can't expect every setback, or mistake, or even bad hair day, by the power of the Holy Ghost, we can feel happy. Because the Atonement covers it all, and men are that they might have joy. I am joyous because I am here in the Philippines. I love it all. I know the gospel is restored and the Book of Mormon is His word. We are blessed when we obey the counsel of the prophets. It's up to us to apply. 
I love you all! Thanks for the love! 
sorry. no pictures. well,, one.
--
Sister Smith


mommy!
Thanks for jumping on that and fixing my apartment situation.
The new apartment looks good. It will be nice to try something new. I think that things will work out just fine. It might be a little crazy. But I'm sure there are good plans in His hands. 
I gave the jewelry you sent to sister dla and sister ramos. they loved it!
I'm glad tyler sounds good. I love him! I thought about him so much this week. he's such a trouper. 
make sure I know next week where Alyssa is going!
Okay well I have a gazillion replies to do! I love you! Don't worry about me! See you in like 10 ish weeks!!!!
my hair is beyond ugly poof now.
if you can't read that shirt, it says "I don't care, I'm going home soon." one of my sisters had it made for me. hahaah.
a cute old lady. i forgot to send in my group email. she would only speak english but she just kept laughing her head off and high fiving us. it was great.



Hey dad, I don't really have time. My keyboard sucks so I am just typing so slow.
I read a good devo this week called Knowing, doing and being.
I'm doing really good. thanks for praying for me. I'm going to email tyler! bye! love you sooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment