Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Savior is Looking For Us

I don't have much time! Here are some highlights
-Sister Vaivai transfered away! I love and miss her, but my new companion is so awesome. Her name is Sis. Ramos, and she is from the same place as my trainer in the mission. She is the sweetest, kindest, and humblest missionary. 
I ate crabs. 
I learned more about Christlike attributes this week. 
I spoke in church yesterday. I told a story about one of my little cousins hiding from his mom and then saying "Mom's looking for me, she's crying" when he was finally found (thanks Melissa for the parenting stories. they came in handy.) 
Anyway I related it to how Christ is always looking for us, even when we don't know we are lost or don't know we want to be found. 
Our investigators are doing well. tatay Celinong was kindof sad that he didn't get baptized on schedule, but next month will be his time. 
I love you all. I love this work and I love the Savior! Have a great week!

--
Sister Smith


Daddy 
I miss you too. I want to go to Bettys and to the mountains with you and just talk. But that will happen in August I'm sure. 
I'm blessed to be here too. This is definitely the final quarter, the last lap of a long race. It's when you feel the most excited, most exhausted, every small success from then on feels bigger and bigger because you're nearing the end. It's when the trials come too, the pain of the race. But I'm running hard. Swimming hard. Pushing it. Because like every race, every phase of life, this one is ending. 
I can't believe I have 11 weeks left. Time is so fast. I have the time I was trained, and then it's time for the other life. 
It's hard sometimes to think about what we should have done. I feel like that about a lot of things, high school, college, Jacob lake, even my mission. But something someone said this week that I've been pondering a lot is that Jesus prepared for 30 years for a 3 year ministry. Our life is kindof like that. When we figure it all out, there's not always that much time to apply it. But who we become matters, because we have eternity to live who we've become. And this life will just be a small thing. 
I love you and miss you. I'm getting excited to see you. Have fun with Tyler for the next few days. I'll be home in less than the time he had his call. 
You're the greatest, 
Petunia


To Mom:

I can't believe it has been a week either. This week was pretty long. It was crazy and busy. 
I'm so proud of Tyler! Wish I could have been there. I'm excited to read his talk. 
That is neat about the ancestor from Denmark. :)
I think I have a resume saved on my mac. You can look for it if you want, or just make something up. I can't remember what types of things go on resumes. 
Here is something cool. So this week Sis Ramos, my new companion, and I were going to MLC. She saw my pencil pouch (which she has seen before and LOVED) and was like I just love your pouch! I looked all over for one like it. So I was thinking, "I should have mom send that pink one." Then later that day, I GOT IT! I was so excited, and so was she. You are so awesome! Thanks for the journal as well. :) I love you.
We went running and a random guy was like "work work" in a funny voice. Running is funny here. 
I don't know what else to say. I'm kindof not here right now. I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you. 
Sometimes I can't even think about how great my mission has been because it makes me feel too much emotion. I am so grateful for you and everything you do for me and how much you've supported me and sacraficed for me.
I love you bunches!
If you are awake, you can reply and tell me whatever you want to say... I need mommy love. :)
love arby 

No comments:

Post a Comment