Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day

Helllllllo all, 
I am so happy today because I have seen that Heavenly Father is very involved in my life. That He loves me and He loves you. I am noticing more and more how things happen at certain times and with certain people so that we can learn certain things that will prepare us to return to Heavenly Father. 
This week I saw some challenges, but I also saw His power. We taught some people with no kindness in them (I'm surprised sometimes at the nice things that come out of my mouth when someone is saying things like "you're too young to know anything more than me, I was in the hammock first.") 
I coughed and hacked it up this week and lost my voice. I learned that being able to talk is really important to missionaries. :)
We had a service activity where we cleaned up this lot. I cut and moved some logs and trash and it's nice sometimes to do yardwork...but I will be fine not doing it when I get home, dad :)
Happy Fathers Day to all of you dads, future and current. I love all of the father figures who have influenced me in my life. Especially my daddy, and my Heavenly Father. 
This week I also learned that we can't seek others' approval but God's. Through some things my companion told me, I learned that I have changed as a missionary. And as she told me some of my strengths, I was able to testify to her of how Ideveloped those things. The Way is the gospel. I'm not perfect. but the way is the gospel. 
I love you all :) Keep coming closer to Christ and be His friend. 
Bye! Sorry, like my brother, I have no pictures. We're not good at that in our family. haha. 
1 more transfer! See ya'll soon.

--
Sister Smith

To Mom:

Mommmmmyyyyy!!!!
I can't stand it. The other day I was like so homesick I just wanted to hold your hand. I guess that's every day. haha. 
You just got a fb request and no message? We sent pictures and stuff. Dang. Hopefully you will see it :) Yeah, Sis. Claudia is really nice. She's like 30+ and has no husband yet but she's so sweet and awesome. 
Hearing about Ragnar makes me want to run!!! Can't wait.
I am definitely learning a lot with my companion. I am just trying to make it fun because I'm going home! She's starting to love me, she said last night. So that's success ;)
It's okay! Don't worry about money. I took out 100+ because I'm trying to find some souvenirs since I've really not found any. But let me know if you think of any ideas of types of things you'd like me to bring home. 
I hope to finish the book of mormon but I'm only on 2 Nephi...
Poor dad.
You're my best friend too. 
I met a deaf member who's like 14 and she does ASL and it made me excited for SPED. It's like I don't want to do the school part but when i meet special people i'm excited.
Okay. gotta email tyler. love you bunches!!!

To Dad:

Happy Father's Day Dad!
I love you bunches and I'm sorry that you have had to feel so much pain. I hope your surgery goes well. Just don't stress too much. Think about it- you could be getting operated on here in the Philippines. THAT is scary. haha. 
If it makes you feel better, I got a chest xray since I'm going home soon and everything is fine. haha. 
I'm glad you got to hang out with Cooper and stuff. I'm excited to hang out with you again. It's crazy, it's starting to feel really close, but also so far away :) but I'm sure soon enough I'll be on the plane freaking out. 
This week, probably the most awesome thing that happened is that I forced my companion to tell me everything she hated about me. It was funny. Mostly that I don't eat enough food. But I started to strive to reallllllly listen to her and talk a lot to her and finally last night she told me that she is truly starting to love me. 
President Deyro is also awesome. I talked to him a little this week pres deyro was like "don't worry about what other's think. Christ was called a winebibber and sinner and devil, but He did His ministry till the end." and stuff like that. It really helped me remember that as long as I'm doing the right things because I love God, then people can think what they want. I'm glad that Pres. knows me and loves me enough to boldly tell me to get my faith back and keep walking on water. :) haha. I think one thing I have learned as a missionary is to be positive and hopeful... about myself, others, and situations. Sis. Apolinario told me last night, "you're a really positive person." which is something I would have never thought in the past...especially at the beginning of my mission. But I realized I have been changing.
I am so happy. It's hard thinking about leaving here. I sometimes just can't think about it. Because it makes me want to grab people's kids and spend all my money on foods, and stuff like that that I just can't do. 
I am trying to stay realllly diligent in my area even though we have met some really bastos people. I will also try to be better at training the members. I was just thinking this morning about how I wish the members here could experience the strength of the church in Utah, but I guess it is just little by little.
I'm really struggling with english lately. Sorry for my weird emails. 
thanks for always putting the "be's" at the end of your letters. they are always things I am working on and thinking about. Love you lots. 
Auber 

No comments:

Post a Comment