Sunday, June 26, 2016

Hello Hello

Hi everyone! I am just sending you an email to tell you that WE ARE LOVED. 
This week I learned so much. After 17 months in the mission, there's still a billion things to learn and master before I finish. But it's lots of fun. I feel like it's kindof like the doctorate or research part of the mission. Where I can apply myself freely but also feel like there's so many new experiences. 
We watched the District this week for Sis. A's training. I cried! I love missions. 
This week we were talking to a dad. His name is Bobby. He has refused to listen to the missionaries for like 6 months. His two children became members, but He didn't want to listen. Then, for like the 4th time since I've been here, I was like "hey you really should listen to us, even just once." and he said OKAY. He even showed up for the appointment, and after it was over, he said he wanted to keep learning and CHANGE. I am glad I pushed him a little. Because he really wants to fix things. He had a really bad family problem, but he is learning that Christ's Atonement happened for him. It's awesome when people finally let the Master Physician in. His pain can all leave if he accepts the gospel. Pray for Bobby!
I have had some great experiences lately studying the New Testament. Sometimes I think of what it would feel like to be there by the side of Jesus Christ. But I do feel that. As His missionary, I experience His voice, His power, and His love daily, even with my imperfections. I have become one of His investigators. And His patience and love with me gives me the strength to also strengthen those areound me. 
I talked in church yesterday about how although life is hard, the gospel isn't. I said that in my opionion, God's life is probably kindof challenging at times. But it doesn't get Him down, because His work and His glory is His focus. I talked about how by helping God with His work and glory, we can experience the same joy as Him. I focused on family history, missionary work, and temple work. I shared about my great grandmother's journey to the temple as a young girl. It just hit me how if we resist doing God's work, because we are too busy or tired or lazy, we don't experience His glory. He sent us to earth so that He could fulfill His purpose, and while we are on this earth, we can choose whether or not to participate. 
I love you all. Life is so great, and I am changing because of the gospel. It doesn't require a lot of difficult things, because all that is required is willingness, then He does the hard work. 

Have a great week! 

-- 
Sister Smith



To Mom: 

I got the email. It's fine. I look ugly. but other than me I think it's great! and it will work fine, because I dont' even care about giving people cards, they will just cry if I don't. 
I would love to do that race if I can run by then :) jk! let's do it.
I want to speak tagalog to jennylyn!
I would love to do anything when I get home, especially if it's with you!
My companion is changing so much. She's always thanking me for teaching her and she told me that she has learned to be postive from me and not speak or think negatively about others. Last week I explained to her that those have been some of my biggest goals to change on my mission so what a compliment. I am finally becoming like Great grandma howell. Grandma howell also put that in my most recent letter from her. i feel lke I have a far ways to go, but what motivation that I am starting to be identified as positive, cheerful, and kind. not negative and gossipy.
I bought like $50 worth of little things. I got like a bunch of earrings that were way cheap because I thought of all my girl cousins but then I got home and was like what a bout the bo;ys? but we'll see. it is kindof just a bunch of little souvenir stuff that reminds me of here, so I will see. I thought of getting all of you a pair of flipflops because they are cheap here and that would be something you could use, but it would remind you of me and my mission. . we'll see. 
 I want to see this mr, chris stuff.
Okay well I hope dad is good. Show him the attachment I forgot to put on his email. 

LOV EYOU SOOO MUCH. I don't really care who comes to the airport by the way. It seemed like a big deal before and now I don't care, as long as I go home. Hahhaa. 
Miss you. See you in just over a month. I hope it goes by fast and slow!!
OH yeah, someone in our sunday school argued for like 20 minutes yesterday about how we should n't say swimming isn't okay on sunday because fish have to swim to stay alive. ugh. I hate that stuff.


To Dad:


Hey dad. I hope you're doing well. I fasted and prayed and worried a little this week for you. But I"m glad you're alive. 
Grabe I can't believe Tyler is leaving. Time is going by pretty fast. I just have 5 weeks... and then I fly too!
Jeffrey R Holland says the mission IS real life, that this is as real as life is gonna get. I think that is true. When else will I get to devote all my time to Him? Never. 
So I'm sad that I will be coming back to fake life. haha. Because work and school and stuff isn't all eternal. But finding my eternal companion is. ARe you workng on that? haahah
I love you so much. I haven't emailed everyone else yet. Oh yeah, Two of my long time investigators in Sta Barbara are getting baptized, well one already did. I think I might be the best planter in the mission. I have like the lowest baptisms, but I have heard of like maybe 20 baptisms from people I taught or started along the way. It's so awesome! I don't even care that I wasn't there to see it!
Well, Love ya! I like this quote, "Go where you're needed. Do what you can." Louise Y. Robinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment