Monday, June 6, 2016

June na naman!



Whew. It's June. It sounds like it's hot there. It's also hot here. But I'm still alive. And soon they might have us wear some pants. Woohoo..
This week was pretty good. I have a new companion and area! I am finishing the training of my apo (grandchild) in the mission. It has been a fun switch to go from the crazy life of exchanges and travel to training and learning from a new crazy missionary. Sister Apolinario is so funny and nice. I feel bad sometimes because I'm nice, but not like the lovey dovey type so I hope she knows I love her anyway. :)
One thing I liked this week was just getting to know a new area. There's something that just pushes you in a new area. You have no preconceived ideas or experiences and it makes it easy to just do your best. I have learned in my mission to love where you are and do what you're supposed to do. Whatever the trial, just keep going. There's always something we can do more or better. I liked in Ether 3 this week, I thought about the pattern Ether used to solve his problem and thought about that process specifically with overcoming weaknesses or sins or bad habits. We need to let the Lord know we need help. Think of things we can and will do. Bring the idea and work to Him. Allow Him to touch our lives and be willing to do His will.
Last monday there were some crazy new things happening and some adversity all that came down in one day and I just prayed for peace and eyes to see that everything would be good with my family and my mission and we went out to work to a pretty sunset behind us and a big rainbow-symbol of peace before us. God is good.

We were on a jeep earlier this week and a lady said "Where's your little companion?" I was like thinking..I've had a lot of those. and she said "In Tambac?" That was my first area! This was a lady I had thought of last week, wondering whatever happened to her. We had taught her twice, and then she just was busy and everything. But it reminded me that people remember the missionaries. She had lost a child last year, and I remember teaching her the plan of salvation and just hoping she got it. I encouraged her to listen to the missionaries again. It's just funny that she recognized me after more than a year!

OH yeah. We have a way nice house. It's cute. 
Well, bye! Love you all!
--
Sister Smith


To Mom:

THanks for the letter you sent. 
Speaking of me coming home, someone submitted their paperwork late in my group so we got crappy flights. I should get home At like 9 p.m. I"m not sure if it will be Aug 2 or 3 or something like that. We'll work that out when it's sooner. But just so you can start thinking about it all maybe. We could maybe just stay in SLC or something that night at a hotel and just chat or eat or sleep or whatever then go home in the morning. I"m getting so trunky it's so bad. 8 weeks to go ;)
And by trunky, I mean all I want to do is missionary work because there's not much time left!!!
I read some good talks:
Adverstity and Prayer
For thy Good.
Look them up! :)
My new companion is super touchy which most americans aren't a fan of and i"m really not a fan haha. But she's cute. I've been so mean to her I feel. LIke strict, but she just loves me! So I'm working to make the rest of her training really good. So she becomes obedient and understands what we are doing. It's fun to train and not have to do so much extra stuff. 
OH yeah, she calls me Mamila. it's cute- a mix between Mommy (because I"m training her) and Lola (grandma). ;)

I don't know what to do about jobs. Ugh.
I still have one sem of scholarship, I think they will do it automatically.
Well, I better reply to like 8 emails in the next 8 minutes. 
i Love you so much and I'm getting so excited to see you. its killing me. have a good week!
bye! our house is mint and gray! it's perfect for me! 

To Dad:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I know it's early. But I love you and I will celebrate with you in August :)
You're the best dad in the whole world really.
Love you lots!!! See you in 8 weeks. :) maybe by that time you will be able to eat one bite of icecream. 
bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment