Saturday, February 21, 2015

Flight Plans and Real Life-- Week 5



So I had a pretty good week. Definitely some rough moments, but also so many highs! Lassie didn't almost get hit this week, so that's good.  I watched a cool talk on sunday called "MIssions are Forever" by Jeffrey R Holland. Watch it if you are going to be a missionary or you have been a missionary. Or you want to be a missionary! haha. 

Something funny a girl in my district said last week... So we had a teacher from New Zealand. He was talking about how weird english is.  He said "like the word hamburger for example, what is that? it's not ham!" and the sister said "Um...isn't it called a handburger?" and she was serious. She's 22 years old haha! and she really thought they were called hand burgers.  

Sometimes we take walks for exercise here. I am so grateful for the good weather!! 

Sis J and I have an investigator named Daryl who we LOVE! He is so awesome. He is committed to baptism and we have had amazing experiences with him. We also finally committed Karen yesterday. 


Tagalog is awesome.  We attempted to do some english fasts this week, but it's real hard. We are doing a lot better with speaking it more though. I love it. I wish I was better at putting it in my emails so you all could see how great it is!

The service guy who we get lassie from is so nice. This week he was like "Here are your jobs blah blah blah oh yeah and I asked my girlfriend to marry me on saturday!" and we all died. We lived vicariously through his fiance for a few minutes ;) He showed us a video. then he let us leave service early. He was so happy. :) 

On thursday sis May and I wanted to see how much food we could eat and at breakfast we had 3 and a half breakfast burritos, 2 whole bagels, apples, chocolate milk, and chocolate between us. We were like "we feel great! lets count meals all day." then a few hours later it hit us. But we were impressed with our breakfasts.  haha

We got to host this week! When the new missionaries came, we got to show them around. It was pretty fun. It gave me a lot of flashbacks to my first day. I was so grateful for my host.

One neat thing that happened this week was before the devotional on thursday, I thought of 3 questions I wanted to have answers to. I prayed about them. then all three were answered in order in the devotional. I know that if we tell Heavenly Father what we want to learn, and we put effort and faith in, He helps us. 

Thanks all of you for being supportive! I love you all. 
Mahal ko kayo! :)

--
Sister Smith

Also I got my flight plans this week! Leaving the mtc early in the morning on march 5, arriving in the philippines late at night march 6 :) it's getting real!



Hi mom! Sis. J's mom is so cool. The matching shirts we had were from her. She sent us both like 4 old navy tshirts. They are AWESOME. They don't need undershirts (well one does) and they are comfy. She's cool. (note from mom: this was in response to my email telling Aubrey that I talked with Kelli (Sis. J's mom) on the phone, and what a great conversation we had).

Sis J and I are now the Sister Training Leaders for our WHOLE zone/branch. So that's been hard. haha. but good. 

I finally got the pictures on thursday. That was good.  Thanks for the shoes. I almost gave them to a sister we have from another country but it looks like she got some shoes from someone else. So I'll see if she needs them still. But I also don't want her to feel like a charity case if that makes her uncomfy.  

Sis Parke and I decided randomly to try out for devo music number! so we went like a half hour before and worked on a song, and we tried out and they were like loving it but they want us to sharpen it up for a week and try out again so we'll see what happens. One lady was amazed that I was so good at the violin even though I haven't really played since I was 12. She's like "I can tell you've had professional training." and I told her you were really good and she said to tell you how great I did. Sis Parke was awesome though because she could play it way better than me and the piano part sounded hard.  

I forgot to send the pic/SD card. Maybe this week. Or not. I really never take pics so maybe you'll just have to look at sis j's and then I'll send you some in the philippines.  I got the doterra oils. I use them sometimes but i'm saving them. 


I am leaving SLC airport then we are going straight to japan which is not what they normally do and then to manilla. 

I love you! I hope you can get on for a minute but if not thats okay!! You're so awesome.  I love you a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment