Saturday, February 14, 2015

Week 4!

Kumusta everyone!


This week was pretty good. I will start with story from monday. So as I have said before, every week we get to put up all 32 flags outside the mtc. We take a cart with a rope and it is really hard to pull. We named it lassie and we pretend it's our dog. kindof. Well anyway this week we were putting up flags and it's a semicircle turnaround. lassie was on one side of the turnaround and I was like maybe we should move it. My kasama was like "what if a car ran over lassie?" well one minute later this garbage truck comes FLYING into the semicircle and i scream "NOOOOOOOO NOT LASSSIE!" The driver slams on his brakes because the window was open. He probably thought there was a person or something. No just a cart. But he stopped within six inches of her. so all is well.

Tuesday was awesome. We sung nearer my God to thee at the devotional.

Also my kasama and 2 other sisters were able to talk with some gold tag investigators (real investigators that come to the mtc) and it was awesome. They were from mexico and they asked me who chose where we went, and then later they asked why we would give up everything to PAY to serve the church. It was an amazing experience to be able to bear my testimony and feel the spirit testify to me that what I was doing was right. It is worth it to do this because people need us.

I don't really remember a lot of other things that happened on wednesday. I got mail on those days so that was good :)

Thursday was special. I woke up with a creepy red eye. and my cheek and eye were kindof swollen. So my kasama forced me to go to the doctor and I have a weird strain of pink eye. But it's not really bad. We had to walk off of the mtc campus to get my prescription. That was really weird. It's pretty much almost better though.  My whole district has had sickness going on. so we are praying to stay healthy all the time haha.

This week I learned so much about the language and how it works. It is awesome to really start understanding it. I love it!

I am so grateful for the MTC. I can't believe in less than 3 weeks I'll be heading to the Philippines. So this is your last chances to send me mail in the US ;)

More and more as I study the gospel I am learning how important it is to have charity and really strive to love others more than yourself. Think about that this Valentines day :)

I finished the Book of Mormon again this week. If you haven't read it, read it. If you have read it, read it again. You will learn and grow and feel God's love! 

Love you all. I am sorry my emails aren't the greatest. I think of all of you often though and you're in my prayers. Shout out to my grandmas for their letters and cards. Happy Valentines day. Please be my Valentine, and all of you wait for me. Jokelang. :) Lots of love! Bye!

--
Sister Smith







Photos from Sister Jenkins, Aubrey's kasama. :) 
Here are a couple of excerpts from Sister Jenkins' blog: 

Sister Smith and I taught "Gospel Doctrines", our topic was enduring to the end, which I love.  And, it was so fun.  We met a couple that are going to be serving in the Philippines as well.  I thing that is so cool!  They were way nice and it was fun talking to them.  We finished off our wonderful Sunday with a movie about Thomas S. Monson.

Wednesday, Sister Smith, Sister Parke and Sister May and I made a goal to stay really positive because usually Wednesdays are the hardest day of the week for us.  I don't know why!  But, it worked and we went to bed not feeling discouraged but excited the next day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment