Sunday, February 1, 2015

into week 2





So friends and family,
The past week was pretty good. I really enjoyed sunday! probably even more than my pday. Sundays are awesome. You have sacrament, relief society (with ALL the sisters), spiritual stuff, choir practice, and devotional. The devotional was pretty great. After the devotional we watched elder Bednar's talk Character of Christ. Everyone search the web and try to find it. haha. Its lifechanging.  I am sure you can find it somewhere.

We also get to go for a temple walk on sunday, so it's nice to spend time outside. 
On monday we had service early and we got to put up 32 flags outside. I picked all my friends' mission flags of course ;)

I really like working out. there's an extra gym downstairs and you can use headphones and watch conference or mormon messages or joseph smith movie while you work out!

We finished teaching our investigator this week. the second lesson was awesome! the third lesson was horrid. I can say that wednesday was the worst day i had so far. Satan wants us to not acheive anything. That's basically how it is. haha. But we taught her last lesson on thursday, and it went way better.  It's crazy how much you can learn in just a little over a week. We can give invitations and ask questions and stuff and I actually understand my teachers most the time.

On thursday we did service again. Sis Jenkins and I washed stairs for 5 floors. So that was fun. haha.

Friday was a good day. The whole day just was more productive and we had some cool experiences. We got to go to a little extra book of Mormon class. One thing I liked that the teacher said at the end was "The Master that you serve will carry what you cannot." Alam ko po na totoo! It's so true.  We just have to carry our load and He'll pick up the rest. Our investigator (now guro (teacher)) came in and taught us last night. she taught us about study and planning and it was really nice.  Weird though, because before we were teachng her and she pretended to not know any thing but now she's teaching us.

This week I bought a tagalog hymn book. It's pretty fun to look through it even though I still can't really understand the songs yet.

I really know a lot of funny things happen to us but this week I can't remember a lot. My kasama and I get giggly a lot but we are getting pretty good at controlling ourselves.

My favorite parts of the week were singing in the showers with this random islander girl (okay I have no idea what she looks like but it was funny) and also singing in the  choir. The tuesday devo was awesome.  He talked about a lot of things, but I really liked a section where he talked about how to become instruments in the hands of the Lord. (Alma 57:21)
1. Exact obedience. Be a person HE can trust.
2. According to your faith... Trust HIM
Turn outward and upward.
3. Invite the spirit into your life. 

well, I love you all. I'm having technical difficulties and I can't figure out how to send pis. cry cry cry.
bye bye!
--
Sister Smith




To Mom,

Okay, I'm going to try to answer everything. Hhaha. You can write more than once a week. Maybe like every other day or 3x a week could be good. Or less. I'm good either way. Whatever you feel you want or need to do is fine. You aren't a bad mom if you send me mail.

I don't know why the date changed, I guess Tagalog is almost always 6 weeks.

Thanks for sharing your camp experience and Heber C. Kimball. I hope i can get over this. :)

Normal day is a mixture of eating, studying (3-4 hours. Personal, comp, and language) class (usually 6-8ish hours I think) and then like teaching investigator, or service, or working out (I wish my comp would get up and do the early morning class but she won't)

My favorite thing is devotionals and personal study. I have a hard time falling asleep and I wake up at 2:30 almost every day. but the hardest part is just staying strong with my self and being Christlike.
I miss RS a ton.
You should cut your hair. It sound smore like you want to.
I saw Michael Unck and Aubree Rasmussen this week.
Sorry you've been sad. this week was  little harder for me but it was just because I am weird. But you will get used to me being gone.
My district is awesome. 9 people, Elder Eyler, Elder Davis, and Elder Gates (going to Urdaneta), me and my kasama going to urdaneta, Sis Ferguson and Sis Ethington (maybe Manila or something), and Sis May and Sis Parke(Baguio). 
My alarm clock works now.
I know Sis. Hansen she's in my branch.
I have YOUR navy cardigan so keep mine
my room has 3 bunkbeds only 4 beds are used we will get more sisters next week.
my retainer is broken on the bottom I must have bit or grinded it. It still works for now. oh well.
send me (If possible, if you can't it's ok)
_real running shoes just for the mtc
-white board marker
-family pics
-small hymn book (If you know hwere mine is)
-grandma's green skirt
-maybe more workout pants it's ok if theyre a little tighter
-peppermitn and digest zen, if she thinks the other ones are good then okay. you decide :)
-maybe more colored pens. check my back pack in the storage room 
loove you!

Well I'm getting off. i'll try to send you a real letter. try to dear elder me the grandparent's addresses. You're the best mom in the world. Always remember that. :) I love you so much and I miss you but I don't feel sad about it.
love you a lot. hebrews 10:35-36.

--
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment