Saturday, February 7, 2015

linggo tatlo! Week 3

So this week was pretty good! I love the MTC. 

Lets see. Last sunday was awesome because it was fast sunday so it was pretty relaxed and sundays in the mtc are awesome. We had Mission Conference and I had been fasting and praying about some questions and they were answered in the speakers' talks. So that was cool. It is awesome to be here for 6 weeks so we get so many opportunities for learning!


Before I forget, the funniest thing that happened this week that I can remember is last night, two of the girls in my district started laughing. We asked them why and they said that they had been looking in our dictionary and found the word "pusa" which means cat. That isn't that funny, but check this out, the word "puso" means heart. Basically all week with our investigators this companionship has been saying things like "pray with all your cat," and "you will feel the holy ghost and god's love in your cat," and we had a great laugh thinking of phrases like "offer your cat to God," and "serve with all your cat might mind and strength." it was so great. I was laughing so hard I almost lost my voice.

A cool experience we had this week was my kasama and I were in a demonstration our teacher gave of a lesson. She was the main investigator and I was just there. She was acting as one of her friends that isn't a member but has investigated the church in the past. She was able to really get into it. We had the lesson for probably 45 minutes. They asked her to be baptized and we were both just crying and it was so crazy. But awesome. And it made me realize how real the teaching is that we do  here in the MTC. Even though our investigators are often our teachers, to them they really feel it and we as missionaries can feel it too.

For service this week we got to do flags again which is fun. and we hokey vaccuumed the halls again. And we cleaned bathrooms.

I really like doing choir. This week for Tues Devo we sang Sweet Hour of Prayer which I usually don't like very much. But the arrangement we sang was awesome. It totally changed my attitude about that song.

I am my district's sister training leader. We had to get a leader for every district since we got 16 sisters in this week!! and only 1 elder. it is so crazy.

Something else that has been awesome is learning the language. We started learning verb conjugations and sentence structure this week and it is starting to make sense. It's great. I love it. The language is hard but so awesome. I am just motivating myself by the excitment of knowing that some day I will be fluent and it will be my primary language. It is so great. 
I'm sorry I don't send very many pictures. first of all, I don't take very many because I rely on my kasama to take them. It's also really hard to send them here for some reason.
Well, this week was awesome. There's ups and downs, but I know that Heavenly Father helps us. We have ups and downs so we can grow. The MTC is definitely a growth zone more than a comfort zone. But it's awesome.

Everyone read the book of Mormon. I tried to think of a specific scripture to share this week and all I could come up with was that I love the Book of Mormon. David A Bednar said if you have any question, buy a new book of mormon and start reading and praying with real intent for that question to be answered. Mark up that BoM as you read it. And when you finish, Pray about that question and you will know the answer.

Love you all!! Thanks for your amazing examples and love!

--
Sister Smith






(pics courtesy of Aubrey's awesome kasama, Sister Jenkins)

No comments:

Post a Comment