Saturday, February 28, 2015

Last PDay in the MTC! Week 6

What a crazy week...and what a crazy week it will be! I can't believe I am about to leave for the other side of the world!  

A cool thing we learned this week in choir is about yoking ourselves with Christ. We are always like "yeah, me and Christ, we're together, and we are accomplishing so much! We're like perfect partners." But the truth is, if we really were oxen, he would be like Babe, the big blue ox in Paul Bunyon, and we are like miniature oxen. The yoke is on Him, He's pulling the weight, and we are this tiny ox flying through the air, saying "wow look how much I'm doing! look how much weight I'm pulling." and He lets us think that. It was a funny analogy but it made me think a lot about how we should recognize Christ's help more.

This week our teacher taught Sis Parke and I as a demonstration lesson. They talked about coming unto Christ through prayer and we read parts of Alma 33. Vs 5-6. We need to always pray in our wildernesses (when we feel lost) and in our fields (whether our field of work is missionary or family) and then 19-20 and 23. I realized how much we need to have faith in the little things. Just looking to the Savior and He will heal us from all of our troubles.  I liked 21, would you rather harden your heart? no, we all would rather be healed. The last verse is "And all this can ye do if you will." I really liked that. It doesn't say "and all this ye can do if you become more perfect or if you stop sinning or if you do this or that." just DO it and be willing. We can all apply that. Most of us are requesting things from God and often we can have them just by acting.

Our devotional was great too. He completely changed the definition of INADEQUATE for me. We always think of it as a negative thing. but he said it was the best thing because it was what would bring us to our knees. So if you feel inadequate in your life or in your calling, let it be a positive thing for you. 

I am running out of time, so I am going to end with that short email. Next time you hear from me I'll be in the philippines!
Mahal ko kayo! 

-- 
Sister Smith






No comments:

Post a Comment