Saturday, March 19, 2016

Happy Summer!



First, everyone go here! followhim.mormon.org

Summer is definitely almost here in  the Philippines. I am not really enjoying the heat, but I am enjoying everything else! This week we found out Sis. Vaivai actually probably had Dengue fever, but she is better now and it's the best. Although we had some rough days, we also got to have two sets of exchanges and it was so fun. I love our sisters and I love the opportunities to try new things and learn from so many people. 

This week we had a zone conference. I gave a workshop about the word of wisdom and how we can be healthier people. I learned so much preparing and giving the workshop has helped motivate me to work a little harder and eat a little better. I shared this video:
Everyone I love the Book of Mormon! I had a day this week where we were at home while my soa recovered and I could not stop reading!

I also had to speak in church this week. That was fun. I spoke on the atonement and how it can help us through anything. I wish I could share it with you but I didn't really write it out and it was tagalog. But I would encourage all of you to come to the Savior this easter.
I have an analogy for ya'll this week.  I was doing yoga and balancing on one foot and in yoga the teacher will always say to find a focus point that isnt moving (for example, don't focus on another person). So I was thinking about how we need to focus on Christ, and how He never moves. That if we focus on the world's standards, or people in the world, we will fall. Sometimes, even when we are focused on Him, we stumble, but He is still there and we can get up again. 

My investigators are good. We're working on finding. I feel like I'm being tested and that they are too. Many of them are facing opposition and trials and it's tough work. But I know He has a plan. 
Love you all!! 
--
Sister Smith





Congrats to Ty! I was glad Toni came to my endownment. I can't believe it's been so long!
Congrats to keaton! send me a picture!
Oh. It just looked like them. Darn. haha. 
Don't worry about the text. It was true, whatever it said, and it didn't hurt me, it woke me up to how hard it was for you. I'm sorry for how I acted. It was so dumb. 
I can't wait to see you in like 20 weeks. It seems so far and so close! But I love it here and I am excited to bring the Philippines home. I could probably even fit a filipina in my suitcase, but I can't just choose one  ;)
Seriously, seriously ew ew. My companion doesn't get it either really. I miss brooke too! she always ew'ed with me. 
Thanks for the prayers!!!
Yeah, I knew we don't have tons of money, but compared to them, we are soooo rich.\
My health workshop was okay. I mostly focused on the spiritual side and there was good feed back. then I made some handouts.
I don't feel like typing about the other stuff! haha sorry
I liked a thought that made me laugh (it was my own thought). I was thinking about my faults and stuff. then all of a sudden I was like...."I'm being like the 'things like this' lady! I'm saying "it's things like this or that that make me imperfect or lame or whatever. and I'm missing all the beatiful trees or happy things about myself." so I'm not going to be like that anymore.
I like the talk in the march 2016 liahona by d todd christofferson.
I love you!!! soooooo much!


hey dad,
I'm so proud of tyler and all of you. 
I will print that talk.
I forgot mookie went on a mission. Wow, everyone will just keep coming home, then me. LIndsey Valentine should be coming soon, and i'm sure others I have forgotten. I only have 20 weeks left. Which is a while, but not long
Our area is kindof struggling. We haven't had progress really. I feel like I never have baptisms, but I also know I can't compare either, and I've seen progress, it's just hard to measure. One family I want to progress so bad is the ballesteros family. Brother is sick with really bad arthritis, but he is really feeling the spirit. I noticed him wipe a tear when we were teaching him about how he could hold the priesthood. BUT problem one-sister is so busy and she doesn't read or care as much as brother. problem 2- our chapel has stairs and I don't think he can climb them .BUT HE HAS TO GET BAPTIZED. I know it is healing him. he stopped smoking, doesnt drink coffee now, went from laying in bed all day to now being able to walk, just from the time we started teaching. I LOVE THEM. but it's hard too. The otehr ones I love so much are making me sad. like they say they aren't drinking or smoking, but I see them drunk. 
Well that's enough. I"M SO HAPPY. theres so much I want to do and study, but I probably won't get it done before I go home. Good thing there's life to apply it. I'm almost more excited to be a member missionary, and a mom missionary because it's like this is the MTC for that. and it's the same feeling as in the MTC, you love it, but you're ready to get out in the feild. but I"m not trunky, I'm still working soooo hard and improving daily.
LOVE YOU LOTS> I will try to make some music. and of course be good. 
oh yeah, funny story, I witnessed 2 sisters come home to their apartment once at 10:35 (2 hours late at that time) and they said everyone was lying about them and stuff. Well now they are both SENT home and one of them is engaged to the guy they always worked with in that area. People. haha it is really sad though. I cna't imagine GLADLY throwing away my mission and lying like that!
Okay bye


No comments:

Post a Comment