Sunday, March 27, 2016

Pictures and a Testimony


I know that My Redeemer lives.
This week I was privileged to learn more about the Atonement.
I saw it in the lives of those I met. 
I saw it in my own struggles to overcome weaknesses.
I saw it in the scriptures as I read of His suffering and His plan.
I felt it as I heard others testify. 
I felt it as I looked at the sky and all around me and remembered He not only died for me, but He created all life and the environment around me.
I felt it as I cried from rejection or trials, 
yet I felt it as I cried from laughing and feeling the joy.
I know the Plan of Salvation, Redemption, Happiness, is His plan of hope and love. I feel His love when I keep His commandments. I know through His Atonement, I will live again. And I will do all I can to not only live again, but to live with those I love. 
He lives today. We don't need to sorrow over His death, but we can rejoice because He lives. We may sorrow over our decisions, pains, and temptations, but because He was lifted up, we all can be lifted by Him out of the depths of despair and into Hope and Repentance.

I had a great week being a missionary. I love you all. Enjoy the pictures. :) 
-- 
Sister Smith



To Mom:

Michael said you sent him a video and he said it is now called "He is Risen Day" 
Happy He is Risen Day to you too!
Mom, this week started hard, but it was a good week. I had fun.
I forgot to put this in my group email but we taught a kindof less active lady and at the end she grabbed us and hugged us and said "it's just like hugging Jesus Christ!" it was so cute and I about cried. 
I worried about Cooper. Then I just fasted for him. Life is hard. It's hard to feel good enough. But I am working on a letter for him. One day I was just so worried about him and myself and feeling sad and stuff, but after I prayed, I opened my book of mormon and my next chapter to read was alma 16-17. Well, I was comforted. 
Some good stuff I read:
Blessed are the Peacemakers by Henry B Eyring
LIving a Life of Peace, Joy, and Purpose by Richard G Scott
An article about Speak, Listen, and Love. It's about communicating with your spouse, but I still learned a lot. One thing I liked was that we need to listen and care well enough that we understand our spouse, or companion, or children or whatever's problem, from their eyes. 
I watched the errand of angels during my lunch break on saturday and sunday. It was good. It made me evaluate who I am as a missionary and what if my mission was a movie? It also made me want to be better at recording things so that others can know what I experience and learn. 
I'm excited to watch the Gen Woman's session! yay!!
Parker's farewell. haha. I'm glad he's home. Time flies. 
I'm going to be a grandma! Sister Smith is training next transfer. I am proud of her.
Well. I'm sure I could think of other things to share. But I just want youto know I love you and am so grateful for your faith and strength, that I could be a member of this Church and know who the Savior is. 
LOVE YOU!


Hi dad

This week I felt so weak. I felt like everything I've worked on for my whole mission was nothing. But when I stopped crying about it and took it to Him, I feel like I have been showed my growth and I feel better. I also realized I was trying to reach perfection before I go home from my mission. Reality Check, I'm still human. I'm still going to be mean sometimes and not always do what's right. But I'm trying more than ever and from my mission I learned that I can't and shouldn't try to do it alone. That even if I mess up, He's there to help me. 
Our investigators are all struggling. But I know that sometimes it just takes time. And I'm feeling very patient. No problem :)
I forgot to tell mom that me and another sister did a duet of How Great Thou Art yesterday in church. You can tell her. I hope you read each other's emails anyway. 
I had a good easter. No huge miracles that I can think of right now. I think just one miracle is just that I'm here. I know I can never repay all of the sacrafices and struggles I've put people through, but it's wonderful to see what has happened to our family and our friends and the people I"ve met here in the Pines because of this mission. 
I lvoe you!!! :) 
bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment