Tuesday, March 1, 2016

hello hello


Hello everyone. This week was good. Summer is coming back here and it's getting hot. 
But it's still good. I love the Philippines. 
This week we had some hard days and some great miracles. Although most of our appointments fell through and we found ourselves doing some walking, we achieved some goals we didn't think we could. 
Weekly tragedy.. the milk I bought on Monday was already rotten. as in chunks. 
Weekly blessing. I learned so much about the gospel. A topic that came up a few times this week in studies was the fact that before this life, we made promises. We told Heavenly Father things we would do on this earth, and I'm sure He told us He would help... I am seeing a lot of my trials in a new light as I consider them necessary for me to fulfill the promises and plans I made with Him. 
I also studied the Plan of Salvation a lot this week. I am so glad for that knowledge. It truly is the plan of Happiness.
My investigator highlight is the Ballasteros family. Brother used to be an alcoholic, but he had to stop when he got severe arthritis. As he's listened to us, he said he's seen many changes in himself. He wants to be kinder to his family and not yell. He's stopping smoking. He reads the book of mormon and prays every time that he will go to church. He also says He knows Christ wants him and his family to be baptized. They are so sweet. 
I hope you are all doing well and each day striving to come closer to Christ. I love you and pray for you! Thanks for being my support!
Love Sister Smithers







Hi mom. 
This week EVERYTHING has been about being happy or cheerful. So I'm just doing it. haha.

But I read an article about 4 things to do in marriage to be successful but you can apply it everywhere. 
1. attitude of gratitude. instead of focusing on faults focus on the good they do.
2. cheerfulness. laugh about it.
3. work. not trying to make 50/50, but just DOING the part you need to do.
4. feed the faith.
I liked them. 

also, I braided my hair this week. then I took it out and I was like oh. that's nice. it's almost nicer than my perm. But that's okay.haha. oh well. 

That sounds crazy about Tyler's passport. That's funny he'll have to go somewhere on a plane just to get ready to go on his mission. I think there was ONE missionary going to Denmark when I was in the MTC. He was alone. He had no companion, just him and his teacher, and he had to meet missionaries in a different class for meals and stuff. I'm not sure if it was denmark but I think it might have been. Poor guy. HOw long will Ty be in the MTC?

That is a nice story about Tyler. (wrecked the truck, but survived without any injuries) Just gave me a little anxiety...

My companion is awesome. She is excited about the stickers by the way. I got the package! Thank you. The bug spray kindof scares me. but I'm sure it will be effective. haha. 97% deet...

You mentioned that hannah jones has a call... where again?
tell me anyone I know!

I hope you go to another country with dad on a mission. I am forever grateful for all you've sacrificed for me to be here. I was just thinking yesterday how it's probably one of the best investments ever to send a kid on a mission. 

Well. I need to email tyler and dad so they don't cry. One hour is so short. just so yall know :) 
Love you!!!

pics: ugly tan lines on my feet (It looks like I have cankles but I don't.)
nice thing president deyro said to me.



To Dad:


I am busy every week. I feel bad because there is no time to email. I don't even email anyone but you or mom or tyler or our family or michael or the mission president. but it's too stressful. 
I'm glad nothing happened in the wreck. I hate that crap. Mom said he said he didnt' know why he went. Well I guess he went so he could know Heavenly Father is watching over him..
I like what they talked about in our district conf yesterday. Poverty can be ended by tithing. I know it's bad there but they could live in the Philippines. I see the difference between those who pay it and don't. Hopefully the members of the church can become lights to others. 
 Yay spring is there. 
By the way I laughed so hard while reading your letter in my package. Especially about Bella. I think you're hilarious. 
I love you so much. Thanks for being a good dad. Keep being happy too. I get scared getting to the point where I'm actually going home soon. But I know that I am growing every day and that if I leave it up to Him, I will be 100%  charged at the end of this to go out and be who He wants me to be. 
I love you. thanks for everything. All the sacrifice and love. Helping me get here. 
Love your daughter. 
P.s. It's hot. 


To Tyler:

Tyllerrrr
I'm sorry I didn't write you last week. You will probably face the same 1 hour dilemma when  I write you about my wedding or something. I promise I love you! I am so proud of you and so excited about your call. I talked about it all day every day to my companion. I am sad we'll be apart for so long but I'm excited to write you and send you candy. Although I'm sure in Denmark they have food. 
I'm glad you were safe. It scares me to hear stories like that but I guess all we can do is be grateful and move on. Sometimes I think we just make stupid mistakes but Heavenly Father shows us that He keeps us here for a reason. I mean think about how delicate babies and children are, we've probably had our lives saved by him millions of times. Just remember this. He kept you and all those others safe because he has things for you to do. Beginning with a mission. 
I lvoe you so much. 
I've only read part but it's inspiring.
I love you so much. Thanks for being my brother. take care of the family. They will start to get kindof sad and ornery when youre leaving. Somthing Shanna wheeler told me about when brett was going on a mission was that they would say "Satan called and said to tell you youre doing a good job". Satan knows what we'll do and he will cause contention or sadness if we are doing what's right.
Lov eya!
picture is throwback to mtc. you will love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment