Sunday, March 20, 2016

Hello Holy Week

It's a big deal here in the Philippines that Easter is coming up, and although not all of the traditions fit with what we believe, I am grateful for this time to think about the Savior and what He has done for us and to just come a little closer to Him. I hope you all are doing the same. 
I really feel like I am improving as a missionary, learning more and wondering why it takes to long to learn sometimes! The language is still hard, but I can speak it, to the amazement of many people. It's fun. Sometimes I let them suffer and try to speak english for a while, then I reply in Tagalog and they laugh so hard. I love Filipinos. 
I did more exchanging this week. It was fun. I learn so much from being able to spend time with the other sisters and help them. I love the opportunity I've been given to lead and I know it's made a huge difference in my life. I can't believe that the time I have been an STL is more than I have left on my mission. I love all the mission opportunities, and I will not stop when I come back to utah :)
I have been learning a lot about the Spirit. It is so great. Lots of things are just clicking as I have tried to study with more faith and look around and pay attention. 
John John and Clarissa came to church! I love them so much and I know that although they have a challenging road ahead of them, they want the gospel in their life, and I want it for them. I about cried last night just thinking about their little girl Jasmine who went from being a shy 2 year old to running to us on the street and their baby boy John Scarlett with the funniest hair and smile. They are changing as a family, and it is awesome. 
There was such a strong spirit in sacrament yesterday. A recent RM spoke and answered my prayers! I love how we have a chance to partake of the sacrament and remember Him every week as well.
Lots of people hid from us this week. But that's their choice I guess. You can't have all happy campers. 
We are also teaching a new family and they are so great! They are seeking and asking and their questions and thoughts are so exact with the gospel. I hope they can see that and act upon it. 
I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful easter week. Have fun!
#Hallelujah!
#Aleluya!

--
Sister Smith

Hi dad! 
Things are honestly kindof rough. We taught 16 new investigators this week. None of them went to church. That's just one example. But I am not really caring about numbers. I should probably care more. But I more care that people are feeling the spirit and making choices. Whether they choose to accept or reject, I just want to do my best.
Tyler is awesome. His email was powerful to me. His testimony is so strong.

This song made me think of you:  https://www.lds.org/youth/music?cid=YS-C-music&lang=eng It's Not about you.
I can't believe how fast time is going. Well, sometimes it's fast and sometimes not. Today I've been on a mission for 14 months. It's very fast. It's weird to realize I'm now an Old missionary. I'm now the example and maybe inspiration for the younger missionaries. 
Thanks for the inspiration. I will do that, and let you know how it goes. 

I've been exercising dad! have you? One thing that has helped me is each night, I write down what I will do for my workout the next day, then I just get up and do it. So I don't have to think.
Well, I love you, have a good week! Keep being the best dad. 
Heres a hug!  HUG.
Bye.

Dearest Myest Motherest,

I liked that quote too! It's a good book. The gospel is inspiring.
I liked the new youth music! have you listened to it? some of them are just blah but some of them are good, and the lyrics are good too. 
I am learning patience still. It's hard and is taking a long time ;)
I miss the temple! I read the booklet preparing to enter the holy temple. Because I'm preparing for in 4 months. I'm angry though because the manila temple was closed when I got here and will be closed when I go home. Not fair. 
I liked the talk Be Still and Know that I am God. I remember listening to it in my apartment last last year...
Well, I don't have much more to say. But I still have to write at least 5 people. So I love you!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being the best most supportive mom everrrr!
By the way  14 months ago you took me to the MTC!
By the way if anyone asks how old your baby is, she is 242 months old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment