Monday, March 7, 2016

hello hello hello



Hello Everyone!
I am very hyper, because my companion was sick for 4 days! So I've been doing too much studying and not enough talking or getting my energy out. But I have gained an appreciation for our work and our area and it's a challenge but we will get everything back in order. my companion is awesome! She didn't complain even though she felt like she was dying.
Funny story- I did not watch tv, but I happened to see in the corner of a member's tv, "22 weeks till the olympics!" so I got out my calendar to see if I'd be home for them. Well turns out, last week I had 22 weeks left. What??
This week we had a wonderful Mission Leadership Council. I loved learning more about the Spirit and using scriptures and just feeling the power of the gospel and council. One thing I loved that Elder McBride (an assistant to the Pres) talked about was learning to use the Spirit. That sometimes we have "inconspicuous guidance" which means we won't really KNOW everything we have to do, but through our agency, our brains, the situation and just small feelings we can act righteously. 
I ate icecream and brownies this week. YESSS.
I loved something President Deyro shared as well. It is how to have joy and peace of conscience (Mosiah 4:3). It is following the counsel in 1 Nephi 16:28-29 and Alma 32:41-43. There are wonderful patterns for us to follow in the scriptures if we just seek to understand. 
Welp, one last quote by Brigham Young, "If the devil says you cannot pray when you are angry (or sad or made a mistake or whatever!) then tell him it's none of his business...and pray till that insanity leaves you." I forgot the last part but it's along  those lines. 
Well I love you all. 1 year ago today I stepped off an airplane into this foreign land which has become my home. I heard the language I now love and consider my own. and now, after one year, I can say I love my Pinoy family and I LOVE being a missionary. 
Love ya'll. Sorrry. Only one picture. And it's of icecream. 

--
Sister Smith



(photo descriptions)
I love Indian (the green) mangos
I love graham crackers
IS THIS MY BROTHERS? if it is tell me asap.
(We giggled about this one... obviously she doesn't know Cooper has grown a lot, and she also must miss her brothers a lot... photo is NOT her brothers.)




Hi my mommy!
That will be fun. to live in avocet again. I am getting so excited and nervous. I was like all rainbows and butterflies but I'm sure there will be a lot of challenges. Just stress I don't need to think of today.

I wrote Toni and some other wonderful women letters. So if you get a thick envelope, dont be too excited. Sorry, I just realized how ungrateful I was, that they would send me stuff and I never reply. 

That's crazy how close and how far away Tyler and I are. Like if he was a month later or vice versa we might be able to see each other. 

My perm is kindof ugly now. But I can make it work. If anything it gives my hair better volume when I put it in a bun. haha.

I love my rice shirt.

The bug spray is good! Don't worry. I just thought it was funny. :)

One of my batch in the MTC was from Fresno! 

My feet aren't swollen. Just ugly.

I have saved almost every letter. haha.

This week one of the sisters in my house had been struggling with like blisters and she only had one shoes that she brought and they seemed pretty old...so I gave her the equilvalent of like 5 bucks and she was so grateful. I also gave her my socks that I saved for "no reason." shes a brand new missionary.

I love Sis Vaivai. This week we were both feeling pretty sick one day then we told each other off about nothing. Like we were kindof arguing then she walked out and I was like ugh. Because it wasn't a big deal. So I was just praying to understand her and stuff and then she came back and was like I'm so sorry and we just busted up laughing. We realized we had let our weakness of body give us a bad attitude and I think having that helped a lot because it just helped us understand each other more. hard to explain.

have you read no doubt about it by sheri dew? It was cute. I read the whole thing one of the days sis vai was sick. 

I like yoga. 
I'm giving a workshop on health and one on budgeting at our zone conf. So I'm pondering that a lot.

did you read the night with russel m nelson and his wife? their talks were sooooo good. I am so inspired. 
Love you!!!!
miss you! 


To Brandon:

Hi dad
I can't believe it's march either.
that's funny you told me to learn about the spirit because that's MY WHOLE WEEK. it was wonderful. I'm learning so much.
Transfers aren't till the 31st. 
Sometimes it's hard, but I fee like learning leadership is really important in our church and to prepare for eternity. So I'm grateful.
Wow thanks for never telling me mission stories haha ;)
You can tell me when I tell you in August. 
I'm proud of Tyler! and our family. I think we have lots of trials because we have potential of being one of the strongest families. I wrote in my journal for like 6 pages all about tyler and then I added a little about the rest of you because I felt mean. But I just love you all so much and you all have such awesome qualities.
I will work on getting a letter to cooper. I am struggling to have email time especially. but I will try harder.

Are you saying you are considering moving anywhere? I guess just keep me updated. Also pray for me to know what decisions to make in my prep to come home. Because there are many. and I need to be ready so that I can keep growing and staying close to HIm.


Love ya! I'm always hilarious. Don't worry.
I had a nice prayer btw, when I realized I don't need to ask if the gospel is true really, I just need to ask Him to show me how badly I need it. It was an interesting realization. 
K love you. No more time. Bye!

To Tyler:


I'm good! Congrats! I wish I was there. 
HOw is your patriarchal blessing by the way? have you noticed anything special you are working on to apply?
the temple is awesome! will you work there?
good luck!
I eat food. EVERY DAY. I usually have energen at least once. rice. many days I eat eggs. sometimes other stuff.
I'm learning tons and my companion is great!!!
I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment