Sunday, July 17, 2016

Lots of fun

There's not as many things as rewarding or as fun or as difficult as a mission. I'm still learning so much, and also experiencing new things each day. I'm still making mistakes and errors with the language and culture which are sometimes confusing and embarrassing and even hurtful to others or myself. But I'm also to a point where I can love everyone. I feel His love all around me, even when sometimes I don't deserve it. 
I know we can all see miracles each day. Just look for them. Don't look for big things, just notice the times when things happened in an unexpected way. He's there!
This week we had lots of disappointments, with no investigators coming to church again, things like that. But we have some people, like Maridie, who although haven't come to church, are really progressing and seeking the truth. And that's what matters. All improvement and postive progression, no matter how small is still success.
We enjoyed some service this week. I like to just help with the small things sometimes. It makes everyone happier :)
I have felt humbled this week by seeing and hearing of other's situations and circumstances. We can always be grateful, more grateful.
I liked the talk "Eternal Families" by Henry B. Eyring this week. I'm not trunky :) Maybe just a little.

Love you all! 

--
Sister Smith



To Mom:

I literally can't wait. I'm happy, I'm still enjoying it, and I'm sad to leave, but I want my mom and dad! I can't believe it! It's been going by so fast! and so slow! Ugh. 
I'm working to not waste time, and I'm trying to be more relaxed and just enjoy the last. Yesterday this member was telling me something, then I couldn't understand him, and then he was mad, and then I couldn't speak tagalog right and offended him. Oh well. Move on. I'll apologize when I see him again. Sometimes we make mistakes. I'm grateful that I am still allowed to be in the process to perfection... haah.

I have so many letters from everyone on my mission. I've been trying to think of ways when I go home to organize all my journals and letters. Too much effort. That's so sweet about Adam. He's nice.

I'm really grateful for Pres Deyro. Last week I thought of some goals, and then I opened my email today from him and the suggestions were like the same as my goals. So there, I better do them.

I'm not too worried about clothes. I know shirts will still fit, and I'm excited for some of my clothes, I've really missed them. they will be like new when I get home. 

This week sis Claudia said you are posting countdowns. I laughed and said if I had facebook right now, I probably would too.

I hope I can come home and balance my life to accomplish everything! Just a little at a time I guess. 

It came from the store like that. I was so sad. 

Oh yeah, remind me to tell you when i get home all of the weird health beliefs. 

It's way sad, at fast food here, the food is the same price as at home when you convert it. But the employees get the equivalent of 8 bucks A DAY. That's one hour at home. 

Well, I have 10 minutes to do 10 emails, and find a talk I want to read. 

By the way, if you have any suggestions to make prayer more meaningful let me know.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! I'm counting the hours. minutes. Seconds. I CAN'T WAIT TO HUG YOU!

To Dad:

I'm okay. just getting tired. But that's Satan, so I'm working to be as diligent and happy as I can be, although sometimes crap happens. Great missionary stories...nothing great. Just normal. People listened. Sometimes I feel like a failure, but I guess I just need to keep doing my best. I'm sorry stuff is so crappy with work. 
I'm excited for the temple. 
I can't remember round park. lets go when I get home.
I'm glad you ran a bit. 
Something I learned this week is that I don't have to try to be anyone's favorite...like I don't have to do everything to make everyone happy. I can just show love in little ways and be a nice person, and that's enough. I guess I was like stressing because I want ALL the members to love me, and that's not necessary. I need to focus on everyone else feeling loved. Of course I'm not like a weirdo, like attention seeker, but I just realized the importance of what I learned in the mtc...to focus outward and not think of yourself.
I also had an experience in language study that helped me remember that I have talents for teaching. Maybe i can do sped after all.
I'm not perfect, but I'm still striving. I love you! Can't wait to see you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment