Sunday, July 10, 2016

The deeper the well, the more water that can be held

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2015-05-003-lift?lang=eng
I love this video! You should all watch it. I liked the honesty and reality of it. Not all service is easy. Sometimes it's not fast and sometimes it doesn't end. But just watch the video. 

I will keep this short and sweet. 
This week began with me buying some goya (like nutella) and when I got home, you can see from the picture that someone else got there first. haha. Oh well, I'm sure they enjoyed it more than I would have.

This week we had interviews with the mission president. I had realllllly missed president and sister deyro. It's sad that I won't see them for 3 weeks, and when I do, it will be the last time. I am so grateful for their wisdom and love, and I will be eternally grateful for them. Pres. said "I will come and visit you someday [in Utah] before I die." I look forward to that time. This week he talked to me about how each of our challenges in life digs us a deeper well. The deeper the well, the more water that  can be held. I've pondered this and one thought I had was that sometimes we see our challenges as things that take away from us. But in reality, it is digging us a deeper well- giving us more space. And it's up to us to fill it. That's where the choice comes in. We can either have a deep empty well, or we can be grateful for the space and become better. 

Our work this week was good! Through rain and pain we made it and saw miracles and felt His love. I don't have anything else to say, so here's some pictures and have a great week!!!

--
Sister Smith




To Mom:

I'm feeling kindof ready sometimes. LIke I love the mission, the work, the Philippines, but I don't like putting up with other people's issues.... gossip, disobedience, wasting time, etc. BUT I know when I go home that stuff will still be there. :) And my body is getting tired. But I'm not tired! I am working hard. 

I am worried about work and stuff like that. I think I would like to go earlier, like maybe the saturday before, because I feel like going to church before "the rush" really helped me the last two years. I met the bishop and a few members earlier, so it wasn't like them trying to meet everyone. I don't know. I just don't want to feel rushed in the adjustment back to logan, and I'd like to see some of my friends and our family before school starts. 

One time Brooke told me taht the most profound thing I ever said to her was that all people have special needs, and should be treated kindly.

I'm glad P Seitz will still be there when I get home! I was scared at first it would be new and they wouldn't know me when they released me./ 

It's so hard to get everything in. This week I'm scraping by with time only because they gave us extra time to do a survey and I"m a fast reader. 
I feel bad though. It's just so fast... one hour for all the research on lds.org, all the reading emails, sending statistics, writing emails, etc. :)

My flight plans suck :) But that's okay, I'm just excited to go home. Although I will get home at the equivalent of 1 pm here, so I won't be tired, but I will be so jetlagged the next days, and I willhave to force myself to sleep, or I will just talk all your ears off which you probably don't care. Lets stay in SLC and go to the Salt lake temple in the morning and meet P Seitz to release me. and then I need to buy pants, because I don't know if any will fit.And I'm done with skirts :)

Give my regards to LIndsey and Parker if their wedding is this week. Also find out if Ashley Hill will have any reception or anything that I could make it to. Her emails have been really sweet.

I'm a bad missionary... I totally stalked your facebook yesterday. Hey, the phone wasn't in my hands, Sister Claudia just happened to be looking at the pictures you were posting ;) So I saw at Heber, and Tyler's misson. :) Sister Claudia said you seem so cool and she really wants to be friends with you. She is really cool too.  I told her we would skype her when I get home and she seemed excited. She's like "your mom has so many talents, and she's so healthy and cute!" 

I've been doing the My Plan to prepare to go home. It's really helpful. I'm glad they have that now, so I can set goals about how I will study the scriptures, stayactive, date, study, etc. 

Well, I love you! I can't wait either. It's so soon and so far!!! But I know once I'm on the plane it will hit me. so I'm enjoying it now! :)
Bye! gotta email dad :)

p.s. My SD card shows the pics on my camera, but not on the computer. does that mean it has a virus or something? Grr. Oh well. Don't care. 

To Dad:

DADDy.
I'm really sorry, I combined your email last week, but forgot to add you. 
I'm glad you got to see some friends and stuff. That's always fun. I'm excited to see friends and family. It's only been 18 months, but then again there's people like Keaton and the other guys in my grade who I haven't seen for more than 3 years. I can't believe that. Good luck with work. Sorry cooper is justl ike that :)
Take mom on dates. I like what E . Uchtdorf said to surprise your wife with things that make her happy :)
I'm excited for you to meet with Elder Snow. He is the one who did the talk about humility right? Wow...famous :) 
I wonder what Pres deyro said to Pres seitz ;) I'm glad I have a good relationship with my Mission Pres- that he can trust me and considers me a friend. I feel like he's my fellow disciple, and not a commander. I think we should just stay in Salt Lake and have him release me in the morning. Then if we want to do stuff in Salt Lake, it's all finished and also, I bet he's sad that he is getting released, and also he set me apart so I'd like him to release me. But if it doesn't work out, of course I love pres basset too 
I'm learning a lot. I took your words and gave her a loud pep talk about punching satan in the face last night. AFterwards, we were laughing hard. Then, the other sisters in the apartment thought we were yelling at each other and crying . it was funny. I think she got the message too. so that's good.
I feel like I"m a successful missionary. Sometimes it's hard, but I've seen a lot of experiences on my mission. President Deyro said my msision has been really hard because I'm being prepared for a higher calling. so we'll see about that. 
Oh yeah, you asked about my plan a while ago, and I'm doing it now. It's really helpful! I've been learning and reflecting and setting goals. IT's good. 
I love you so much. I love your little words at the end of each letter. I wish I wrote them down each week and did them more. But anyway, see you soon.
I miss you, and can't wait to hug you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment